No boot; black screen [Acer Aspire R7-572]

Invenitur
Invenitur Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello,

I am unable to boot my Acer Aspire R7-572. This has happened right after I had selected "Exit Discarding Changes" in BIOS menu (I have never updated my BIOS ever).
The steps that I have taken to troubleshoot are as follows:

1. Tested each RAM slot one at a time.
2. Unhooked the internal battery, unplugged the AC, and held the reset and power button for 1 minute (this process was recapitulated many times).
3. After the previous step, I turned on the laptop while holding Fn + Esc first for 1 minute.
4. I let the laptop run overnight without being touched.
5. I held down Fn + alt + F10.
6. Repeatedly pressed F2 right after powering the laptop.
7. I repeated a combination of steps with hooking the internal battery, and without.
8. Plugged in another monitor via HDMI - showed nothing on either screen.

If there are any suggestions, I would be willing to try them out.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    If you can, enter your BIOS (press F2 while booting) and select (move to the top) USB drive in the boot menu, exit BIOS while saving settings. Insert your "Windows 10 recovery USB drive" and boot from USB, select restore system either from external HDD (if you have backed up your system) or from C:\. Alternatively try pressing F12 during booting to see if that will get you into Legacy mode and enter Safe Mode.
    If you never made a USB recovery drive, borrow a recovery (flash) drive from a friend that has Windows10 x64 bit (assuming that is installed on your laptop). If you are unable to enter BIOS or if you get the message "No Bootable Device found" and don't see the USB drive option in your BIOS boot menu (and no F12), your boot partition may be corrupted and the only way out then is to contact Acer Service center or a reputable Windows computer repair shop that will reformat your HDD and load OS with all the Acer drivers. Also your HDD (or SSD) may be broken, to check that take out your HDD, mount it in a HDD external USB case (cheap item to buy online) and plug it in a Window10 PC or laptop (USB port), check if you can read the external drive, if you can, copy and paste all the data and reformat (completely) the external drive (only) for security.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page.
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result.