Remove Windows Boot Manager from the BIOS? Aspire 7 A715-75 G

Geagichi
Geagichi Member Posts: 86 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops

Hello everyone, this time I hope someone will read my question and do not post offtopics if they don't know or read my question.

I've installed Windows 10 on my new Acer Aspire 7 A715-75 G, that comes with Efi Shell 2.7 preinstalled. After I booted from USB stick with Windows 10 and the installing process advance to the moment that I must create the partitions I've created NEW partition and Windows partition installer asked me if I'm ok that Windows will create additional partitions. I clicked OK and 4 partitions appeared on the screen :

Disk 0 Partition 1: UEFISHELL - 1 GB - system
Disk 0 Partition 2 - of 350 GB - primary
Disk 0 Partition 3: WINDRIVER - 4,1 - main
Disk 1 Section 1 - 16 MB MSR partition
Disk 1 Section 2 - 119,2 GB - primary

I reinstall the Windows 10 for whatever reason and when that partition windows popups in the new installing process, I've deleted all Windows partitions and I let only the UEFISHELL partition. So I see only UEFISHELL and 512 GB free unallocated space

The problem is that I Windows 10 installer partition creator window after I click create new partition do not show to me the WINDRIVER partition anymore and It's only showing

UEFISHELL  MSR and the other TWO PRIMARY.

Disk 0 Partition 2 - of 350 GB - primary

Disk 1 Section 1 - 16 MB MSR partition
Disk 1 Section 2 - 119,2 GB - primary

And I was thinking to remove the Windows Boot Manager from the BIOS to do a fresh Windows 10 install. How can I remove Windows Boot Manager from the BIOS?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Geagichi
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Geagichi said:
    StevenGen said:
    Geagichi said:
    Yes UEFI Shell is gone from the boot menu but I have it's partition untouched, not formatted or deleted.
    Read what the SHELL in windows is, as its automatic and you cant change it, that is why when you install windows all the SHELLS are created automatically. Just to refresh things, here is an explanation:

What does Shell mean?

A shell is software that provides an interface for an operating system's users to provide access to the kernel's services.

On Unix-based or Linux-based operating systems, a shell can be invoked through the shell command in the command line interface (CLI), allowing users to direct operations through computer commands, text or script.

Shells also exist for programming languages, providing them with autonomy from the operating system and allowing cross-platform compatibility.

Techopedia explains Shell

Most of the shells created for other operating systems offer equivalents to Unix shell functionality. On Microsoft Windows systems, some users may never use the shell directly, as services are handled automatically. In Unix, shells are created through the implementation of system startup scripts. This happens in Windows too, but shell scripts are usually preconfigured and run automatically as required by the system.

Unix shells are divided into four categories:

• Bourne-like shells
    • C shell-like shells
    • Nontraditional shells
    • Historical shells

On some systems, the shell is just an environment where applications can run in protected memory space so that resources can be shared among multiple active shells, with the kernel managing the resource requests for input/output, CPU stack execution or memory access. Other systems run everything inside a single shell.

Thank you for your reply, I've already read all these before but I don't know if I can install UEFI Shell 2.7 by myself or can I rescue already installed one that I didn't delete it?
    This is how you do it to restore UEFI SHELL back on the UEFI BIOS.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/634593/restore-uefi-shell/p1?new=1

Answers

• I think I understand what you're asking. First assign a letter to that volume:

You must follow these steps:

Can you send a boot loader capture that appears here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Geagichi
    I've deleted all Windows partitions and I let only the UEFISHELL partition. So I see only UEFISHELL and 512 GB free unallocated space.  I don't have Windows installed to do that, but also I've tried your method before and is not working the Windows Boot Manager is still there.
  • OK! Access the bios, press f9 to restore the bios and then press f10 to save and exit. Does the windows boot manager still appear? If it appears, create a password on setsupervisorpassword and then click Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Geagichi
    Yes still same it's entering Windows Recovery "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired".
  • When installing windows, press shift + f10. Then, type:
    diskpart
    list vol
    Can you send a photo of the volumes that appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    When in particular to press F10 + Shift? It does nothing. What do you want to see on partitions I have a print screen from Windows (when I installed it).
  • Geagichi
    If this you're looking for
  • ? If it appears, create a password on setsupervisorpassword and then click Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    I did this, nothing happened.
  • Can you send some photos of the bios? I want to know why the hard drive is not showing up here:

Only the usb stick and the boot partition for efi shell are appearing. Did you happen to install windows in rst with optane mode? Do you want to keep the efi shell operating system as well?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    Can you send some photos of the bios? I want to know why the hard drive is not showing up here:

Only the usb stick and the boot partition for efi shell are appearing. Did you happen to install windows in rst with optane mode? Do you want to keep the efi shell operating system as well?
    I don't know what do you mean by "install windows in rst with optane mode" please explain. Yes I want
  • Geagichi
    Here are the BIOS pictures.

• You can try to use a live Linux distribution to remove the boot loader from windows: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1253983/windows-boot-manager-still-present-even-after-removing-windows-10

You can also try to disassemble the laptop, disconnect the lithium battery, disconnect the rtc battery to reset the bios and disconnect the ssd in that order. Then, reconnect the ssd, the rtc battery and the lition battery in that order.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    Yea yea I did this with boot-repair-disk-64bit and I've create New partition table but my UEFI boot is gone also and the UEFI partition is untouched. I want my UEFI SHELL 2.7 boot back :(:'(
  • Removing the efi shell does not void the warranty. You can instead change the operating system and leave only windows installed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    Removing the efi shell does not void the warranty. You can instead change the operating system and leave only windows installed.
    I know this bro but I want to let that UEFI Shell mini OS to his place.
  • You can send the laptop to the Acer repair center, so that the technician can reinstall the eshell. However, you can just keep windows 10 installed. Is the uefi shell also not showing up on the boot tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geagichi
    Yes UEFI Shell is gone from the boot menu but I have it's partition untouched, not formatted or deleted.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Geagichi said:
    Read what the SHELL in windows is, as its automatic and you cant change it, that is why when you install windows all the SHELLS are created automatically. Just to refresh things, here is an explanation:

What does Shell mean?

A shell is software that provides an interface for an operating system's users to provide access to the kernel's services.

On Unix-based or Linux-based operating systems, a shell can be invoked through the shell command in the command line interface (CLI), allowing users to direct operations through computer commands, text or script.

Shells also exist for programming languages, providing them with autonomy from the operating system and allowing cross-platform compatibility.

Most of the shells created for other operating systems offer equivalents to Unix shell functionality. On Microsoft Windows systems, some users may never use the shell directly, as services are handled automatically. In Unix, shells are created through the implementation of system startup scripts. This happens in Windows too, but shell scripts are usually preconfigured and run automatically as required by the system.

• Bourne-like shells
    • C shell-like shells
    • Nontraditional shells
    • Historical shells

On some systems, the shell is just an environment where applications can run in protected memory space so that resources can be shared among multiple active shells, with the kernel managing the resource requests for input/output, CPU stack execution or memory access. Other systems run everything inside a single shell.

• Geagichi
    StevenGen said:
    Geagichi said:

What does Shell mean?

• Bourne-like shells
    • C shell-like shells
    • Nontraditional shells
    • Historical shells

Thank you for your reply, I've already read all these before but I don't know if I can install UEFI Shell 2.7 by myself or can I rescue already installed one that I didn't delete it?
This discussion has been closed.