SSD SATA M.2 not showing on boot oriority order bios Acer Aspire A315-41

AlfarisiN
AlfarisiN Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello there!

i have a question here, last year i buy and use sata ssd m.2 to my laptop,
my laptop now have 1 ssd m.2 & 1 hdd
i've installed windows 10 on ssd without formatting my hdd, so i have 2 boot option appear when start up, but yesterday i buy sata ssd 2,5" to replace my hdd so my laptop now have 1 ssd m.2 & 1 ssd
but when i turn it on no bootable, and when i check on bios priority order nothing came up, i understand why new ssd not appearing just because i'ts brand new so no allocation space, but why my m.2 ssd not showing up too?

can someone help me here?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    AlfarisiN said:
    Hello there!

i've installed windows 10 on ssd without formatting my hdd, so i have 2 boot option appear when start up, but yesterday i buy sata ssd 2,5" to replace my hdd so my laptop now have 1 ssd m.2 & 1 ssd
    but when i turn it on no bootable, and when i check on bios priority order nothing came up, i understand why new ssd not appearing just because i'ts brand new so no allocation space, but why my m.2 ssd not showing up too?

First, what is the model of your M.2 SSD? And what operating system are you running on the spinner HDD? Are they the same or different? Because, if you have the same operating systems on both drives then your computer will always boot from the old drive, if you clone and/or install the same OS on the second drive your computer always boots from the old drive (if its still connected, irrespective if its not the main drive) the old boot drive has to be removed, you cant have the same OS together. Give us more details.

• AlfarisiN
    AlfarisiN Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:
    AlfarisiN said:
    Hello there!

First, what is the model of your M.2 SSD? And what operating system are you running on the spinner HDD? Are they the same or different? Because, if you have the same operating systems on both drives then your computer will always boot from the old drive, if you clone and/or install the same OS on the second drive your computer always boots from the old drive (if its still connected, irrespective if its not the main drive) the old boot drive has to be removed, you cant have the same OS together. Give us more details.

m.2 ssd model is wd green 250gb, OS running on both drive is windows 10, from your comment there i can assume my laptop run on old drive to boot, but after acer logo appear i have option to select which os to enter(from my old hdd or m.2 ssd), i always select my m.2 ssd partition there,
    but now i replace my old hdd to wd blue ssd 500gb, recent action i install new windows 10 on my new ssd, but when booting always use new os from my new ssd (no option appear like before)