KA272 Monitor connected with HDMI - No Sound

ddavid
ddavid Member Posts: 3 New User
I have just purchased and connected a 27in ka272 monitor which I have connected with a hdmi cable. 
The sound options lists KA272 and I have selected this as the sound source. 

But there is no sound coming from the speakers. 

Volume is on, etc. 

I have a graphics card with 2 DVI ports, and AOC monitor is connected to one of the DVI slots and the acer monitor via the HDMI slot directly on the desktop unit. 

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi ddavid,

There is no in-built speakers in the unit. If you connect any external speakers then you will get audio. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi ddavid,

There is no in-built speakers in the unit. If you connect any external speakers then you will get audio. 
  • ddavid
    I have just realised that the shop gave me the wrong model, I was supposed to get this model https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HX2EE.A13

But I think I was given the "BI" model instead which appears not to have speakers. 
  • ddavid
    Thank you for your answer by the way!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    That is likely it. Have them swap you out to the right one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • foxihurst
    foxihurst Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 16

Well I'm glad someone else had this issue 😅 My monitor lists KA272 E(AMD High Definition Audio Device) as an output device on my system sound, so I've been selecting and trying to find drivers for…and it's not got an internal speaker 🤦‍♀️Good to know! LOL Thanks community 👍️

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

If the monitor doesn't have speaker built in, it likely has an audio out port for connecting external speakers. If you plug speakers or a headphone into that you would get the sound.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.