TC-866 single vs dual channel ddr4 memory

LFine
LFine Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I bought an Aspire TC-866-UR11, and am getting it set up.  I have two matching ddr4 memory sticks (2x8gb), Samsung M378A1K43CB2-CTD, the model that came stock with the system, but the memtest86 tool I ran to verify that the ram is good, is telling the memory is in single channel 64-bit mode.  I have the latest bios version from Acer's website, the bios has nearly no settings to adjust.  I would imagine this system supports dual channel memory?  I do not have a second set of ddr4 memory to swap in to test.  Is there something additional I can try with the Acer desktop?  I'd certainly like to have the extra performance out of the system.  Thanks

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Are both sticks showing as installed in task managerl, and what does CPUz say about the memory?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Are both sticks showing as installed in task managerl, and what does CPUz say about the memory?
  • LFine
    LFine Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you for recommending the cpu-z tool.  Once in Windows, this software is saying "Dual Channel."  Memtest is usually good about identifying the system details, but just not perfectly on this system.