black screen with graphics card aspire TC-895-EB11

Options
semi_noob
semi_noob Member Posts: 3 New User
I recently purchased a acer aspire TC-895-EB11 desktop. I am attempting to install my Nvidia GTS 450 video card in the PCI slot but am getting only a black screen when booting it up . I have reseated it in several times and yes I did hook up the power connectors. it has both a HDMI and a VGA output and both give me a black screen on bootup. I can't even see the bios on bootup. If I remove the card and reboot with the onboard intel plugged in everything is working. I feel there must be something in the bios I need to do but it is over my head. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That card is likely too old to work on a modern system... It's more than ten years old now. I think if you check yoou will find the onboard video is higher performance than that card anyway.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @semi_noob

Yes, the Intel UHD 630 on-board graphics is like 10% or so faster than the GTS 450. Don't see any reason downgrading the graphics performance.