Acer Aspire A515-55, weird sound coming from down

Zaliwolf
Zaliwolf Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey, i just bought my new laptop, but in the last fewdays, a high tone sound comes from the part of the ventilation And hard disk, idk what it Is, or how to stop it, i Wanna now what kinda error it's or if i should go to claim warranty, these Is my first laptop ever 🥺😞 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    High pitch sounds are probably due to  coil "whine". Best described as an intermittent 'hiss' or ''screech' with frequencies above ~1500Hz It's emitted from small vibrating mainboard choke & induction coils. Usually is more noticeable under heavy processing loads. Some laptops are worse than others simply due to case design and placement of air circulation ducts. If it is that bothersome, I would suggest returning the machine to the seller for an exchange or refund before the seller's return merchandise policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    What do you mean by "high tone"? High pitch? High frequency? Loud? The fan blades run at higher speed and make louder sounds when the CPU/GPU heats up. This is normal. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zaliwolf
    Zaliwolf Member Posts: 2 New User
    I mean high tone like a high pitch
    okey, and that have solution or i have to learn to live with that sound?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    High pitch sounds are probably due to  coil "whine". Best described as an intermittent 'hiss' or ''screech' with frequencies above ~1500Hz It's emitted from small vibrating mainboard choke & induction coils. Usually is more noticeable under heavy processing loads. Some laptops are worse than others simply due to case design and placement of air circulation ducts. If it is that bothersome, I would suggest returning the machine to the seller for an exchange or refund before the seller's return merchandise policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ