Aspire R5-471T Battery Not Charging

plshelpmethnx
plshelpmethnx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Believe me when I say I have tried everything.
I have no idea what the problem might be.
The laptop does not charge the battery so I thought, maybe I should change the battery because it is quite old. nothing, as soon as I unplug the charger, boom! off. Now, I updated the BIOS, even though I have 0% battery and it would not let me, i had to edit the program file through appdata, local, temp, (keep dialogue box with error opened btw) copy paste the temp folder into a desktop folder and then edit the program file in notepad to lower the battery check from 0 to 1.  BIOS updated. fine, moving on. maybe the intel drivers are out of date, updated them and everything else. the computer is up to date. All of it, up to date. Maybe I should reset my brand new battery. still no orange light. hardware is all fine, I checked. it all works as normal, there is wifi, there is Bluetooth, there is audio. everything is fine, but still no orange light. I researched my butt off trying to figure out the problem and cannot seem to solve the issue, I even tried a full reset and clean installation, I tried everything. I refuse to believe that the motherboard is the problem, I know that is the biggest BS. The computer might be OLD but it was never used in a way that would damage the MOBO. the onboard RAM is seated, the SSD is seated. All the ribbonnss are buckled in tight. nothing seems to work. i have been working on this for 5 hours, please help me, thanks!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    edited March 2021
    @plshelpmethnx
    Try the below step and than restart the unit

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • plshelpmethnx

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @plshelpmethnx
    Try the below step

Tried that. No dice. It’s like the PC is not reading a battery at all. Which is weird because CPUID HW picks it up and the computer seems to be pretending. Idk 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    Jack22 said:
    @plshelpmethnx
    Try the below step

Tried that. No dice. It’s like the PC is not reading a battery at all. Which is weird because CPUID HW picks it up and the computer seems to be pretending. Idk 
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • plshelpmethnx

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    Jack22 said:
    @plshelpmethnx
    Try the below step

power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Ok, I tried that as well. I hope it is noted that the laptop still turns off completely when it is unplugged. Thanks though
  • plshelpmethnx

Tinkerer

Is there anything I have not yet tried? Any possible diagnosis? I really appreciate your help. 
  • plshelpmethnx

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    Accidentally accepted an answer but either way I am admitting defeat. It has to be an issue with the AC -AC Adapter or something. It does not seem likely, as it never fell or was moved around or handled in a way that would effect it like that but I have no choice but to take it on the chin. 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information