Aspire v3 772g - BIOS Recovery

LukeB
LukeB Member Posts: 9 New User
hello everybody
I hope someone can help me

Abou a week ago, i restarted my acer laptop and got stuck with a black screen and unable to start windows.
After i googled i found a guide to recover the bios with the bios on a usb stick and pressing FN and esc while booting up with battery removed. With this i was able to start windows again.
Later in the day i tried to restart the laptop again and got the same issue with black screen...
So i tried to do the bios recovery again, but this time it would not work. Tried it 5 or 6 times and still wouldnt work.
So i decided to leave the laptop with battery removed for the rest of the day. In the evening i tried again and it worked on the first time.

Now im afraid to make a restart again and facing the same problem...

Anyone have a solution what i could do?

Thx

Answers

• Why did you try to recover the bios? I don't think it's a bios-related problem. Try disabling fast startup and fastboot in the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LukeB
    Because i had a blackscreen i was unable to enter bios
  • OK! Does the Acer logo appear? Can you access windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LukeB
    Im currently in windows because i never made a restart since then. But when i had the issue i just got a black screen with no acer logo and nothing. Just the fan rotating and the led blinking

Can i disable fastboot in windows?
  • Try disabling fast startup in power options.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LukeB
    Its just installing a automatic update. I disabled fast startup and see if it works.
  • LukeB
    Same problem again. Just black screen after restarting. I notice a very slight flashing of the screen. Should i try again with the bios recovery or you have another idea?

Thank you very much for helping me
  • OK! Turn off the computer, disconnect the battery and the power adapter, press the power button for sixty seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LukeB
    edited March 2021
    I managed to start windows after leaving the laptop over night without battery and adapter and pressing power for 60 sec. But the start took 20min.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    A 20 minute start time just means Windows had some big updates to do usually... Maybe the fall 20H2 update? Since they are moving toward the 21H1 they are likely pushing the older one out to anyone who hasn't gotten it yet.
    The other thing that can cause that long of a startup is a disk check, that would potentially be a symptom of a failing drive. If you see really slow performance or another long boot like that run a disk SMART test utility to see if you can see what's going on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LukeB
    Thank you but my problem is not the long boot time. Most of the time it doesnt boot at all. Only boots when i leave it without power for a couple hours
  • LukeB
    So today i wasnt able to boot at all. Just a slightly blinking/flashing blackscreen on startup😢
  • Does the event viewer show an error when the problem occurs?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LukeB
    Does the event viewer show an error when the problem occurs?
    i cant boot the laptop, so i cant check the event viewer
  • I suggest that you disconnect all devices and then connect each one individually:

I advise using an anti-static wristband

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    LukeB said:
    Does the event viewer show an error when the problem occurs?
    i cant boot the laptop, so i cant check the event viewer

Hey LukeB, to solve your boot problem first take out the CMOS battery, don't worry about the BIOS recovery! Also make sure (after you get things going) that you run the latest 1.15 BIOS for the V3-772G. First, take the Lithium CR2032 CMOS battery out and replace it with a well-known brand, don't use a cheap unknown brand! Then get into the BIOS "Exit" and load "Setup Default Settings" and reboot that should boot you into your OS. Make sure that you do the things that "egydiocoelho" has instructed you to do, which is to check the state of your hard drive and if that has no errors and its functioning ok? Also, have you got an SSD on this V3-772G? As you are wasting your time running Win-10 on this laptop if you don't. Do these things and let us know how you go? Good luck.

Also, your Aspire V3-772G can have a memory of type DDR3 to a max capacity of 32GB into its 4x slots (2 banks of 2), its storage drive Interface is of SATA 3 @ 6GB/s and comes with an Intel Series 8 chipset. Which can easily be upgraded to an SSD 2.5” 2TB, 1TB or a 500GB hard drive and can also support 4x 8GB DDR3-1866MHz /PC3-14800 type ram that will make this an exceptional laptop with its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M or the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M (2GB GDDR5) graphics for an old laptop that can support Win-10 and some mid graphics and games, that is, if its made to run at its peak specs and best performance.

Btw, I've got allot of experience with the Aspire V3's and also I' have owned an Aspire V3-571G for years, my V3-571G came with an MBR/Legacy BIOS Win-8.1 and I've converted it to a EFI/UEFI type BIOS (btw, this mod is something that I don't recommend for anyone that has no experience in BIOS mods to attempt and do) which is pretty much the same as your Aspire V3-772G and I've been running a Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD SATA 3 as its main boor drive at 6GB/sec with the TRIM command enabled (see caption below) for years and with also an upgraded ram speed/timing of 2x 4GB DDR3-1866MHz/ PC3-14800 type ram and this laptop has been running exceptionally fast in both read/write hard drive benchmarking specs and has run perfectly without any BSOD's and/or crashes and exceptionally quick for years with all versions of Win-10 and the latest Win-10 20H2 OS build 19040.867 and they are excellent reliable laptops and very durable. 

Btw, this CrystalDiskmark 7.0.0 benchmark was done 2 weeks a go with the Samsung 850 EVO and TRIM enabled and is over 3 years old.