PH317-54-74X1 my computers body went to being really hot within 20minits

R0L1S
R0L1S Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello, i just bought the laptop above, i let it update installed few programs like discord steam, rockstar club and few games like gta5 , csgo and lol... i tried to play gta5 without a "TURBO" in few mins time it went over 90 celcius, i let it cool down and played csgo, my computers body went to being really hot within 20minits, i checked "Predator Sense" and it was 88celcius, is that normal? My old Toshiba laptop wasnt getting that hot whilst i was playing csgo... Never had a proper gaming laptop, could you possibly share your experiences? is it normal or is it hardware malifunction? if its normal maybe you would have some tips how to reduce noice of fan and enjoy gaming without laptop burning my fingers.....

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    They do run really hot and loud, the surface they are on can help quite a bit such as a raised pad so the bottom of the laptop isnt flat on something and making sure the vents are not blocked by anything
  • R0L1S

i tried this, i changed 0 to 500, is this helpful do you think? and i changed manual fan speeds to 3.6 RPM cpu, and 2.5k GPU whilst i playing and the temperatures of cpu gpu and system was between 60-70.
  • Leostat
    That underclocks your CPU, check task manager whats it running at when you do that? setting it to 500 is very low!
  • R0L1S
    Leostat said:
    That underclocks your CPU, check task manager whats it running at when you do that? setting it to 500 is very low!
    i played last night about 3hours on 3,6RPM CPU and 2.6RPM GPU and after 2hours i checked my predatorsense app it said CPU GPU and SYSTEM was 60-65. what should i put that number back on?
  • Leostat
    Really its whatever your happy with, its just trial and error
  • R0L1S
    Leostat said:
    Really its whatever your happy with, its just trial and error
    i mean about the power option as you said its really low, whats the average for it? as today whilst there is more players on gta5 ragemp server i turned my fps monitor it was only 25-30 for some reason.

Thats what the website was saying where i bought the laptop from, could it be that i didnt install some drivers or something? any tips to get the most out of it... As it doesnt seem that its worth 1700£ if i cant even play gta5 online on very high quality with 80-90fps....
  • Try these suggestions:
    a) activate the windows graphics settings and restart;
    b) put the power plan in high performance;
    c) disable batteryboost in the geforce experience;
    d) place the nvidia video card for maximum performance;
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostat
    The processor should run between 2.6 and 5Gz, so inm effect your asking it to run at less than 20% of the average speed by clocking down fo 0.5Ghz! By default it will try to manage the speed / heat, but by setting it manully you can lower the weat output, you could start with 3Ghz and see what the temps are like.

If maxed at 1080 i would expect it to pull around 50-70FPS depending on whats going on / how many people are around, the 170 seems a bit high even for medium settings if im honest!

How do you have it set up? For example just flat on a surface, On a raised pad, space around it
  • R0L1S
    egydiocoelho - i done all of them and now i get about 50-70FPS on gta rageMP which isnt that bad but on another hand LOL is only 130-140 which is terrible, i used to get 80-90 on highest spec on my old medieval times laptop.... any more suggestions? ( i looked at some people playing LOL with the same graphics card their one was 250-300fps on highest )

Leostat - i put now at 3000, im debating to put in max, maybe it would help me a little with fps? any tips if i do with predator sensus app to do "game sync" type of thing?
  • Leostat
    league is very CPU heavy which would be the reason! What CPU was it to get 300ish FPS? And it really is just trial and error to see what level of noise from the fans / heat you want coming off it when tuning the laptop.
  • R0L1S
    Leostat said:
    league is very CPU heavy which would be the reason! What CPU was it to get 300ish FPS? And it really is just trial and error to see what level of noise from the fans / heat you want coming off it when tuning the laptop.
    Exact same laptop as mine i7 10th gen, i was looking for exact laptops gaming when i was choosing it, and they all was having a lot better fps than i do....

i was playing gta5 online for 3-4hours last night after 30min-1hour i had to go into turbo mode as my fingers was burning haha, so i would like your opinion whether i should always game on turbo or find some sort of manual cooling that it wouldnt be as loud and wouldnt ruin the aeroblades that fast.
  • Are there any antivirus installed that may be interfering with performance? When you connect an external monitor, how much fps can you get?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)