ConceptD 7 Ezel - is thunderbolt port directly connected to GPU?

Options
Angelo_Arch
Angelo_Arch Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
I've noticed a bit more lag driving a 4k monitor from the USB-C/Thunderbolt port on the Ezel 7. It is on the left side (opposite side) of the laptop. Is it not also connected directly to the nVidia gpu? The other two ports (hdmi & full-size display port) both seem to perform better. However, I would need adapters. Does anyone know the technical aspects of the ports? 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    If you check in the nvidia control pannel you should be able to tell in the physx screen, it should show you which GPU its running off of.
  • Angelo_Arch
    Options
    Leostat said:
    If you check in the nvidia control pannel you should be able to tell in the physx screen, it should show you which GPU its running off of.
    Hey, thanks, Leo. Here is a screengrab. It appears to be the discreet gpu. I hope I can get it to be more responsive. Should I force it to always be using the discreet gpu? 

• Leostat
    edited March 2021
    Options
    It looks like its directly connected to the gpu then so its odd its lagging. The setting is for something else though and shouldnt really make a differnce, (the page is just good for seeing whats conneced to what :) ) you can give it a go though!

What adapter is it?
  • Angelo_Arch
    edited March 2021
    Options
    It's a 5k LG Ultrafine monitor that downsamples to 4k for Windows. It also requires quite a bit of power through the thunderbolt cable to run the USB-c hub on the monitor as there isn't a separate USB power cable. For non-thunderbolt Windows computers, I have to run a powered hub to drive it through a mini-DisplayPort adapter/cables. 
  • Leostat
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Im not sure whats causing it then im afraid, you could check to make sure the power plan is in high performance, but ive never used a TB only display so unsure how to troubleshoot! Sorry about that :(