My friend puked on my laptop. Does it void warranty if I open and clean keyboard PH315-53

demozide
demozide Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi,
Long story short, friend vomited on my Predator Helios 300 PH315-53. I immediately switched the laptop off and pulled the power supply off. Then I peripherally cleaned the laptop and externally it's good as new. I left the laptop lid open and left there to dry for 2 days. I turned it back on and everything is fine but I can see bit chunks here are there inside keyboard. If I open the back and remove everything to expose keyboard to clean it more deeper, does it void my warranty? Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    If there isn't any warranty sticker that blocks screw hole, you are good but be careful not to leave any sign of disassembly.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    If there isn't any warranty sticker that blocks screw hole, you are good but be careful not to leave any sign of disassembly.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • demozide
    demozide Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Does the wear of screws while removing and screwing them back in voids it? 
  • AnhEZ28
    @demozide no but damaging components may void it.