New battery won't hold, won't charge - ES1-533-C2BL

Lobomeda
Lobomeda Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi there!
I have a Acer ES1-533-C2BL laptop. My battery won't charge and as soon as I plug off the charger, the laptop shuts down. I thought it was a battery problem so I bought a new one, but no change. I tried also with a different battery from another Acer laptop, but nothing changes. So it is not a battery problem.
I updated BIOS, tried to plug off the battery, uninstalled the driver and pressed the power button for 30 seconds, but no luck.
Help please!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    First thing i have in mind is to run o USB with a live linux distribution and see the behavior.
    On the other hand, maybe is a defective charger. Have you tried other charger?
  • Lobomeda
    rich1974 said:
    First thing i have in mind is to run o USB with a live linux distribution and see the behavior.
    On the other hand, maybe is a defective charger. Have you tried other charger?
    Yes, I tried three different chargers. No luck.
    Also tried to reinstall Win10. If I take SSD out, battery still doesn't hold so I don't think ist is connected with a OS.
  • rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    I don't think you will avoid a laptop shop visit, since you exhaust all software issue. Most probable is a hardware issue. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Lobomeda,

Did you tried to do reset the unit. 
  • Lobomeda
    Easwar said:
    Hi Lobomeda,

Did you tried to do reset the unit. 
    Yes, I installed fresh Windows 10 severel times, difgerent versions. Now I ordered third battery, so we'll see what happends...
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Lobomeda,

Good to know that please post the result.