RAM upgrade - CAS latency - A515-52G-71CW

Options
TomTankEngine
TomTankEngine Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Good day!
I am planning of upgrading RAM - adding one more ram stick. At the moment there is already a stock 8gb ram stick. Question is, what cl number and speed should i look for, when searching for another ram stick. Even though i checked cpu-z, i found different CL numbers so a wanted to make it sure 17 or 19 "check the photo"
 Thank you for your time.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,160 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like A5xx-xx, anyway, as you are upgrading with the existing memory module, you could buy a 8GB DDR4 2666MHz with CL=19 and install but the modules will run at 2400MHz, may be due to CPU restrictions.
  • TomTankEngine
    TomTankEngine Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like A5xx-xx, anyway, as you are upgrading with the existing memory module, you could buy a 8GB DDR4 2666MHz with CL=19 and install but the modules will run at 2400MHz, may be due to CPU restrictions.
    Oh, sure, the model is A515-52G-71CW
    If it is 19, why there's CL 17 displayed as well IN CPU-Z?
    Thank you for your response. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,160 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Oh, sure, the model is A515-52G-71CW
    If it is 19, why there's CL 17 displayed as well IN CPU-Z?
    Thank you for your response. 
    No problem, yes it's showing CL=17 because the module running at 2400MHz, if you install a 2666MHz with CL=19 it will also run at 2400MHz and CL value will be 17, I have suggested a 2666MHz module to match the existing memory of 8GB.