Help Please: Predator 15 G9 - What is this port?

Naukhaiz
Naukhaiz Member Posts: 6 New User
What is this port? If it is SSD, which SSD port is it. All I can find online is m Key SSD or M+B Key SSD. However, if this port is for SSD, it only shows space for B key (no space for m key). And I am unable to find any SSD with only B key only

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    What's the full model name of your laptop? Is it G9-593? if it is, it's a M.2 SATA port and you can use a M.2 SATA SSD in the slot.
  • He will also need to purchase this support:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Naukhaiz
    Hi,
    What's the full model name of your laptop? Is it G9-593? if it is, it's a M.2 SATA port and you can use a M.2 SATA SSD in the slot.
    Thank you for writing back. The model is 591. Can I still put sata m.2 in this slot? 
  • Naukhaiz
    He will also need to purchase this support:

Thank you for writing back. Fortunately I already have this. But when I bought Samsung 970 Nvme ssd, It did not fit in this slot. Then I checked M.2 SSD online. But those SSDs have two keys (M and B). However as you can see in this picture, this port only has nudge for one key. This is why I am confused
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Naukhaiz said:
    Hi,
    Thank you for writing back. The model is 591. Can I still put sata m.2 in this slot? 
    No problem, yes, you can use a M.2 SATA SSD in the slot, don't mind the second gap in the M.2 SATA SSD, the pins(in the slot) corresponding to the second gap in the SSD will stay dormant.