HDMI output problem - Aspire 5740

Radtek
Radtek Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an old Acer Aspire 5740 that I want to use to run Amazon Music HD to a new Anthem AVR. The problem is I cannot get the audio to go to the avr ..it say no signal on the screen. I have used this before on an older NAD avr that finally quit working and was replaced. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get this to work. Right clicking the audio volume in tray to bring up audio devices does not even open up in fact it does not seem to even work to raise or lower volume. I thought perhaps I needed to set the monitor to extend to the LG TV so enabled video out of AVR and it does a static picture of the desktop but no audio in fact that's all no Browser is seen either. That said I do have the USB out put sending audio to the Oppo BluRay player....would this cause the HDMI not to send audio to the AVR? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Pull ALL the external connections, including a USB mouse, from ALL the I/O ports. Test the HDMI out to a simple TV and try to cycle through the TV screen&audio with the FN+F5 toggle key combination. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Radtek

Tinkerer

I will give that a try Thanks
  • Radtek

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Pull ALL the external connections, including a USB mouse, from ALL the I/O ports. Test the HDMI out to a simple TV and try to cycle through the TV screen&audio with the FN+F5 toggle key combination. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks Again JackE ..I did as you said and now it works as it should and I'm getting Amazon Music HD to play with the Hirez! 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Congrats on your success. Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ