I'm having a GPU problem with my Triton 500 PT515-51-75BH

SilkyJ88
SilkyJ88 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
I use this machine as my daily gamer. One day, I played a game (Destiny 2) on steam like normal, for about an hour. Later that evening when I tried to play again, I noticed the GPU fans didn't cut on. I opened the game anyway and saw my FPS drop from a normal 85-130 to about 16-35. I can access the software to turn the fans back on, but it doesn't make a difference. It's just not working at max performance.

I went to the device manager and completely disabled the internal GPU. I still got the same effect. I then turned it back on and disabled the RTX 2060 and reopened Destiny. The frames dropped to about 3-10. 

Thinking it was connected to a failed update, I downloaded and installed all the windows updates and updated the drivers in the GeForce Experience app. Still no noticeable difference. 
What could be the problem?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    When you put your fans at max speed, do both of them have same RPM?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • SilkyJ88

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 Honestly, I'd love to tell you. My new problem is that Predatorsense won't open. 
    It was such a great day...
  • AnhEZ28
    @SilkyJ88 you can try to reinstall Predatorsense app.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • SilkyJ88

Tinkerer

They do not. 

GPU (w/o Coolboost) fans at MAX: 
    Fan 1 - 6301
    Fan 2 - 6642
  • SilkyJ88

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28
    I got Predatorsense running again.
    When running the fans for a few minutes, GPU fan 1 dips to 6221 then comes back up to 6301. 
    Coolboost doesn't affect the fan speed at all. 
    The GPU performance still remains low/unchanged. 

• SilkyJ88

Tinkerer

Does anyone else online have a suggestion? 
  • AnhEZ28
    SilkyJ88 said:
    They do not. 

GPU (w/o Coolboost) fans at MAX: 
    Fan 1 - 6301
    Fan 2 - 6642
    Above 6000rpm is alright, what about the temperature when gaming? If cpu or gpu temp is about 95C with fan at max speed. You can try to clean your laptop.
  • SilkyJ88

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28
    I normally don't check the heat every time I'm playing, but I don't think I've ever seen it get close to that. It's usually around 50c.