FAN almost constant on. A514-52

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire A515-54G - FAN almost constant on. (No heat issues). Override it somehow?.

Answers

• pizza
    pizza Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think I have a similar laptop, A514-52 though I'm not sure. I have the Intel i7-8565U CPU with Intel UHD graphics.

My fan can get pretty noisy especially when running games. Sometimes it gets noisy just browsing the web/opening a new app. While using Zoom it hovers around "medium" volume.

Sometimes the fan gets quiet and rarely it stops running altogether. For games, though, the fan is guaranteed to be loud.

I would say this laptop is definitely louder than any other laptops I used before like my dad's Asus laptops. I was disappointed with the fan noise this laptop can produce though it doesn't bother me with headphones.

Does your fan ever quiet down? I think your laptop might have NVIDIA graphics if I found the correct specs, but my laptop only has Intel graphics so it might run cooler.

I downloaded the Core temp app which measures CPU temperature. I found that often times, the CPU temperature jumps from a normal temperature into the 90 degrees C range for a brief moment. It returns very quickly to the normal temperature, but the fan seems to rev up for a while.
  • pizza
    pizza Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    The temperature can jump when a new app is opened, I noticed. If you have the quick access app, there is a toggle for "Silent mode" which helps quiet the fan. 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    alexeliasson  >>>The original Windows 10 that came a long with the purchase.>>>

Then tap the F2 key on startup to enter the BIOS menu. In the BIOS Main tab make sure the F12 boot menu option and D2D options are enabled. Save and exit BIOS settings. Then shut the machine off again. Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery menu should appear to allow a full erase-everything ACER Win10 factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alexeliasson
    alexeliasson Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Can't you read? I just did a recovery and it didn't help? Its not OS related.
  • JackE
    Sorry. I'm trying to determine if you did a full erase everything ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset from outside of the current Windows OS environment. Fan behavior should be tested with the original factory version before any automatic updates are applied preferrably with wifi off if possible immediately after reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alexeliasson
    alexeliasson Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Yes, I did that. Didn't work. 
  • JackE

It's risky but we can try to do a downgrade or any of the other suggestions in that thread that you might feel more comfortable with trying.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ