Predator Helios 300 doesn't turn on, Only charge led works. Pls help

Options
rebelof98
rebelof98 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi all,
My Predator Helios 300 is 3+ yrs old. A couple of days ago I took it for daily use, it booted and login screen came up as usual. Then bam! The screen went off. I thought it was the usual problem the laptop had, the switch/lever at the bottom might be acting up, so I put it on charge because of priority of the work in hand. Next time it boot up, lock screen shows up...again off. I tried again and this time just the Predator boot animation. Thats it. One of the LEDs (charging) is working fine, it turns blue of battery is full. Other than that, no response whatsoever. I got a multimeter from a friend but I didn't know what potential points of failure I should check. I did battery reset..no use.
The service center guys are an utter scam, they lied to me about ram and said that motherboard has failed. Now that I know my RAM is working they say it's based on past reports. The total estimate they gave me is Rs.68k+ which is more that what I bought it for (60k). So you see why I don't trust those guys anymore.  If you have any suggestions for me to follow that would mean a lot, thanks!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options
    @rebelof98
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    If it did not have the battery reset button press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • George-Acer_Retired
    George-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi rebelof98,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    2. You will be in setup utility page.
    3. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    4. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    5. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 

If it not works please contact acer tech support of your country. 

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ 

Regards,
    Acer-George