Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP Need help! Audio and Keyboard Mouse issues.

Options
coupons
coupons Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All, any help is greatly appreciated!  I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" FHD IPS w/ 144Hz Refresh, Intel i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Aeroblade Metal Fans PH315-51-78NP

The issues I am encountering  are:

<1> I cannot get the hdmi sound to STAY and play from the external monitor.  After sleep when I come back it only plays from the CPU.  I have tried multiple hdmi cables but it didnt help :(
<2> I cannot get my external keyboard or mouse to wake the laptop [lid closed].  I have to open the lid and hit the Helios laptop keyboard or trackpad then I can use the ext mouse/keyboard.  

Any shared remedies to help fix this is really appreciated, thanks!! 

Best Answer

• coupons
    Answer ✓
    Options
    THANKS for taking the time really appreciate it.  i gave up bought a new keyboard before i saw this and the new KB is working so I am happy!

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    coupons

Try to go to sounds and select the default speakers by a right click. since the monitor is going to power saving or sleep mode its not getting the signal and so its playing from cpu i guess. try to turn off the sleep or power saving option on monitor and check.

How do I reset the sound settings in Windows 10 Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Go to device manager. expand the mouse and keyboard drivers. right click on the drivers and properties check the power options. do it for both internal and external drivers. restart the computer and check. hope its helpful.

How to wake Windows laptop from sleep with lid closed
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • coupons
    Options
    thanks so much for trying to help.  I did the first step and it was set to the monitor/tv as default I unchecked rechecked and it seems to be working.  The keyboard and mouse were already set to wake from sleep.    
  • christy1
    Options
    coupons said:
    thanks so much for trying to help.  I did the first step and it was set to the monitor/tv as default I unchecked rechecked and it seems to be working.  The keyboard and mouse were already set to wake from sleep.    
    Try these 

Press WinX. >> command prompt (admin mode).

1. Type in powercfg/devicequery wake_programmable

2. Check to make sure the USB keyboard connected to the USB hub shows up on that list, which would confirm it can indeed wake up your laptop from sleep.

3. To check what is already enabled, type in powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

4. Type in powercfg /deviceenablewake "ExactKeyboardName" with ExactKeyboardName being the full and exact name (including parentheses, if any) of the USB keyboard that appeared in step 3 above (make sure the name is wrapped in quotes).

5. If more than one USB keyboard showed up in the list in step 2, then repeat step 4 with each USB keyboard name.

• coupons
    Answer ✓
    Options
    THANKS for taking the time really appreciate it.  i gave up bought a new keyboard before i saw this and the new KB is working so I am happy!
  • christy1
    Options
    coupons said:
    Superb. Good that its working now. Hope it was helpful. good luck. :+1: