MODEL NAME ACER ASPIRE A315-42-R96C

costaspap
costaspap Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
The power button is OFF so I managed to open the laptop by the 2 pins where the ribon of the keyboard is connected to the motherboard and all is working except the POWER button on the keyboard. I'm looking for the keyboard to buy it either in Greek or English language. Any help?
P.S. I have photos an numbers of it

Best Answer

• costaspap
    Answer ✓
    Thank you both for your time. I saw it would be a little bit difficult because it's different from other laptops I have replaced the keyboard unit cause of the plastics that had to be removed. Finally I managed to communicate with Acer Hellas and they have the keyboard with the upper case in very good price. So I made the order and in 3 to 5 days it will be in my hands. To be honest I have already search the eBay and AliExpress for this part and believe me it was more expensive than here from Acer Hellas.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    You might try to go on Ebay or Aliexpress for the keyboard replacement. The difficult thing is the keyboard is held with many plastic rivets. Replacing the palm rest with keyboard is easier but more expensive than replacing keyboard only.  
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    The top case cover and keyboard are integrated into one unit. I need to verify which color your case is. I think it's black but don't know for sure. If it is black the Acer part number for the Greek keyboard is: 6B.HF8N2.002, the US/International version is part number: 6B.HF8N2.001. Good luck in your search!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • costaspap
    Answer ✓
    Thank you both for your time. I saw it would be a little bit difficult because it's different from other laptops I have replaced the keyboard unit cause of the plastics that had to be removed. Finally I managed to communicate with Acer Hellas and they have the keyboard with the upper case in very good price. So I made the order and in 3 to 5 days it will be in my hands. To be honest I have already search the eBay and AliExpress for this part and believe me it was more expensive than here from Acer Hellas.