how to install windows 7 in Acer A514-53-32H2

ATHANND
ATHANND Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello can anyone help me i tried everything to install windows 7 in my Acer A514-53-32H2 but everytime i tried to install it just froze at starting windows with the logo barely coming up and restarted i tried everything like putting my drivers etc and it still doesnt work anyone can help me???

sorry if i had bad grammar i live in indonesia

Answers

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Why would you install windows 7? It is far beyond end of lifecycle. The only reason is that you are stuck to a certain app that only works on windows 7. If this is the case, you can instead give windows 8.1 a try.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    You must change the BIOS boot mode from UEFI bootstrap mode to legacy BIOS mode in order to install Win7 on the HDD or SSD. In doing so, you will lose all existing information on the HDD or SSD because it must be changed from GPT to MBR partitioning to accomodate Win7. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ATHANND

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    i tried windows 8.1 it just crashed idk why and i cant change the bios to legacy because it was grayed out and i cant access bios for some reason and i like windows 7 because the UI is simple

• ATHANND

Tinkerer

oh and also i like the aero theme than the windows 10 theme and 8.1
  • rich1974
    I myself like windows vista. Am I using it? No! They are gone, get used to that and go ahead! Even you will be able to install windows 7, you will face all kind of compatibility issues, starting with drivers and continuing with all kinds of apps. They are gone and buried!
  • JackE
    You must set and save a BIOS supervisor password, then re-enter the BIOS menu with the password in order to disable secure boot and change from UEFI bootstrap to BIOS legacy mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ATHANND

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    oh yeah i did set my supervisor pass in my bios with secure boot off but its still grayed out
    and i also did reboot

ps : i cant enter bios now but F12 menu works
  • JackE
    How do you know it's still grayed out if your can't enter the BIOS menu now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ATHANND

Tinkerer

because i tried it once when i can enter the bios
  • JackE

Press and hold power button for 5 seconds or until the machine completely shuts off. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding the F2 key, press the power button again to turn the machine back on. The BIOS menu should now as for your supervisor password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ATHANND

Tinkerer

ok ill try that
  • ATHANND

Tinkerer

not working, if i hold f2 and press the power button it will turn on but only shows a black screen until i unhold F2
  • ATHANND

Tinkerer

can i like reset cmos or something without opening the back because i still have the warranty??
  • JackE
    ATHANND>>> i still have the warranty>>>

Please arrange for warranty repair promptly. The BIOS may have been corrupted. Any further attempts to repair may void your warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rich1974
    edited March 2021
    And the laptop shop will gonna tell him that his laptop is not intended to work with windows 7.
    As a told before, windows 7 is gone and buried, get used to that.
  • Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi there,
    Microsoft stopped issuing bugfixes and security fixes for Windows 7 a year ago. This does NOT mean there's nothing left to fix for Windows 7 and it is perfect. If that was true, noone would upgrade their Windows and Microsoft would go bankrupt; just think... Right now, noone knows how vulnerable Windows 7 is, and there's officially nobody on Microsoft payroll to evaluate security reports. You're basically at the mercy of hackers by remaining on defunct Microsoft products.