g593-71EH laptop (2016) upgrade with 2x SSD M2 1b

Options
Predator777
Predator777 Member Posts: 5 New User
I have an Acer predator g593-71EH laptop (2016), there are 2x128GB LITEON disks in the M2 slots. I want to change them to newer ones, namely 2x Samsung MZ-V7S1T0 970 EVO Plus. The question is as follows:
1. Will they work at all.
2. Will it be possible to make these disks separate, and not a raid on 2TB
3. Who faced this, can give advice on the choice of disks that have earned.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    1. Yes, they will work.
    2. You can backup the current system using Macrium reflect free program to an external HDD, create a bootable USB disk using same program, remove 2x128GB drives, install only one 1TB M.2 SSD(Samsung) in the slot and boot with the recovery USB you have created earlier and recover the image from the backup in external HDD on to M.2 SSD.
    3. I have done this in a different model but you have to try and see if it works for you.
    I have attached additional links for you to have a look:
    Compatible SSD M.2 for PREDATOR 15 G9-593-71GL — Acer Community
    UserBenchmark: Acer Predator G9-593 Compatible Components
    How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect (howtogeek.com)
  • Predator777
    Options
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    As for commuting content from old discs, I'm not sure I need it.
    That is, I can just insert 2 disks and they will work separately?
    That is, first I can put 1 disk on 1 terabyte to install the system there, and then deliver the second. Did I understand correctly?

and is there a difference between slot 1 and slot 2?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    As for commuting content from old discs, I'm not sure I need it.
    That is, I can just insert 2 disks and they will work separately?
    That is, first I can put 1 disk on 1 terabyte to install the system there, and then deliver the second. Did I understand correctly?

and is there a difference between slot 1 and slot 2?

No problem, yes, if you don't need the contents from old drive, you can insert 1TB drive first and install Windows, sorry I have made a mistake, one slot is for M.2 NVMe SSD and the second slot is for M.2 SATA SSD, so you can not install Samsung 970 Evo plus in the second slot, my apologies.

• Predator777
    Options
    What the max size for secon slot?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    What the max size for secon slot?
    You can use a 1TB M.2 SATA SSD.
  • Predator777
    Options

I unscrewed the cover to see what the hard drives are now. Here are photos of the disks that stand in me (if I'm not mistaken, it's a simple SSD)

But the keys on the board are different, which may theoretically confirm your assumptions. That in the first slot we can put Nvme, and in the second we can put the usual sata m2. Do you have the same connector on the board? Can you give a photo?

• brummyfan2
    Options

I unscrewed the cover to see what the hard drives are now. Here are photos of the disks that stand in me (if I'm not mistaken, it's a simple SSD)

But the keys on the board are different, which may theoretically confirm your assumptions. That in the first slot we can put Nvme, and in the second we can put the usual sata m2. Do you have the same connector on the board? Can you give a photo?

I am unable to take the picture in my G9-793 at the moment because it's being used at the moment but I can confirm that the bottom slot(Red) is for M.2 NVMe SSD and the top slot(Orange) is for M.2 SATA SSD.