How can I unlock my hdd in another system? es1-512.

ToyBoy
ToyBoy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I locked my HDD with my previous Acer that is now damaged. Now using other laptops to type that same password it keeps telling me invalid password. How can I unlock it?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    The HDD, even unlocked without a password, usually won't boot or activate Windows on another system because the Windows license is embedded on the old mainboard, not the HDD. However, you can usually access personal files on the HDD as a D : or E : drive from another computer using a USB-to-HDD/SSD cable adapter for under $10USD.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Are you referring to the bios, the hard drive or the login?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    The HDD, even unlocked without a password, usually won't boot or activate Windows on another system because the Windows license is embedded on the old mainboard, not the HDD. However, you can usually access personal files on the HDD as a D : or E : drive from another computer using a USB-to-HDD/SSD cable adapter for under $10USD.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ToyBoy
    ToyBoy Member Posts: 2 New User
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Are you referring to the bios, the hard drive or the login?
    The model is es1-512. I actually got an older version of acer e series and I was able to unlock... Thank you so much 
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 696 Moderator

Hi @TouBoy,

Unfortunately we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement)

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance.

Note: We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.