Acer aspire 5 A515-51g 518r ram upgrade

FrancescoFF
FrancescoFF Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
Hi, i wanna upgrade my ram on this laptop, has 4gb soldered intonthe motherboard.
From what ive researched ive seen is indicated to buy the same brand kinds but idk which one. 
So my question is, can i just take any brand now? 
I wanna buy 16 gb, i know i need to buy CL 15 2133 mhz, the only concern is if i can take any brand or it doesnt matter? Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    The brand doesn't matter much.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can buy any brand but avoid any modules with XMP enabled, like Kingston HyperX, Corsair and avoid buying any module especially made for a particular brand of laptop, you can choose from Crucial, Kingston Value RAM, Hynix, Samsung or ADATA.
  • FrancescoFF
    Hi,
    You can buy any brand but avoid any modules with XMP enabled, like Kingston HyperX, Corsair and avoid buying any module especially made for a particular brand of laptop, you can choose from Crucial, Kingston Value RAM, Hynix, Samsung or ADATA.
    I'll keep in mind. I actually sid find and wanted to buy corsair, guess i ll look for these ones then. Thanks again
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I'll keep in mind. I actually sid find and wanted to buy corsair, guess i ll look for these ones then. Thanks again
    You are welcome  :)
  • FrancescoFF
    Oh another thing. All these ddr4 from corsair for example have xmp module on em or just a few. My question is, i should just completly ignore these brands or i can get but if there s no xmp module on? Cuz from what ive searched i did not see any xmp in the description of em. Or maybe i m just newbie. Thanks again
  • brummyfan2
    Oh another thing. All these ddr4 from corsair for example have xmp module on em or just a few. My question is, i should just completly ignore these brands or i can get but if there s no xmp module on? Cuz from what ive searched i did not see any xmp in the description of em. Or maybe i m just newbie. Thanks again
    You can check the specifications whether the XMP or Automatic overclocking is mentioned.
  • brummyfan2
    You can see the features mentioned in this advert shows "Auto overclocking".
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB SODIMM DDR4 2666 MHz Laptop RAM Module LN88535 - CMSX8GX4M1A2666C18 | SCAN UK

• FrancescoFF
    Also one more thing. It has to be dual channel right? Or the single one works too in this case? (was lookin for 4gb and cant really find dual channel on em) 
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    You have 4GB onboard memory, if you install another 4GB module, the system will run at dual channel, if you install 16GB RAM the system will use 4GB out of 16GB for dual channel, when you exceed 8GB usage of RAM the rest will run at single channel.
  • FrancescoFF
    Ive done the crucial test and I've got cl 17 and 19 recomended. Should i stick to cl 15 or just follow this ?

• brummyfan2
    Ive done the crucial test and I've got cl 17 and 19 recomended. Should i stick to cl 15 or just follow this ?

Hi,
    Buy the one with CL=17.
  • check here too:
    Aspire 5 A515-51-52CT quanto de memria ram suporta  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)