My laptop shuts down very unexpectedly PH315-51

Options
KatArise
KatArise Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
I will try to make this as detailed as possible but basically, my laptop has been having an issue where It shuts down randomly. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks now and from what I know, it has been happening usually when I boot up my games. I would also like to mention that from what I have understood, my battery is pretty much dead because every time I pull out my charger, my laptop does shut off and I also did a check on my laptops hardware on the Acer Care Center app and it said everything was in good condition except for my battery which was at "Attention Required". As for overheating, I cleaned my fans very recently and when gaming it hits somewhere around the 80's and 70's sometimes. I haven't tried undervolting and I don't know if I should. After my laptop shuts down unexpectedly when opening a game/playing a game, It takes a very long time to get back into a normal condition, what I mean by this is that yesterday I had my laptop working perfectly fine when I was browsing the net (for several hours) in general but after I launched Valorant, while the game was booting up, it shut off (without a warning). After the unexpected shutdown, my laptop was not able to boot up fully, it would keep turning off while booting up and this happened for the rest of the day. I tried leaving it plugged on for 2 hours without booting up and after coming back it would still have the same issue.I finally decided to leave the laptop to rest for the night (not keeping it plugged in) and after about 10 hours and 30 mins of just leaving it alone, it finally has booted up and has been running for around 40 mins while I'm simply browsing the internet (right now). Couple more things I wanted to mention was that my fans speed was set to max (did that through predator sense) and sometimes I would overclock it to the "Faster" mode (hoping to get any sort of help from it). All my drivers are updated are through Geforce Experience only. I had tried the battery reset pin and it didnt seem to help me. My laptop model is the PH315-51 (if that clarify's anything). Please do let me know if its just a battery issue or if its something else as well, thanks!

Answers

• KatArise
    KatArise Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    A small little update: my laptop turned off after an hour of just using the internet and I didnt boot up any game this time, so now it shuts down even when im not gaming which never used to be like that before