Looking for Touchscreen unit for CB5-312T-K1TR series, Model No. N16Q10

StellaMan
StellaMan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

As per the Subject line, I am looking for a Touchscreen for an Acer CB5-312T-K1TR series, Model No. N16Q10, I've looked around but am having trouble getting definitive answers to my questions and/or finding units are out of stock or prohibitively expensive !!! As stated, I am looking for a -K1TR and have found links to the likes of -K8Z9, -C1LK & -C8ZW and I have no idea if these are compatible with this -K1TR … so my first question is what do the last 4 digits specify and does that affect compatibility ?

I am in the UK and need to source this unit (I am led to believe that the screen, touchscreen & bezel [though there doesn't appear to be one, the glass goes all the way to the lid !!!]) comes as one unit, but, as with my other questions, this is proving very difficult to get a definite answer. So that's my second question, am I buying an all in one screen & touchscreen ?

Finally, where in the UK can I buy one ? I am running into dead-ends with out of stock replies and prohibitive pricing, Acer's website is pretty awful with regard to giving me official parts dealers, they send send me to JustAcer, but it too is awful and I can't find ANY spare parts for sale on there !!!

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Those last few digits define the actual model within the series. Typically the differences between models are language, storage and memory although screen resolution can sometimes be a factor. In this case the touchscreen/display part number is: 6M.GHPN7.001. That is the same display as all the rest of the CB5-312T Chromebooks. The digitizer isn't a separate part, the display has the touchscreen bonded in. In this case the thin plastic bezel is bonded in as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StellaMan
    StellaMan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Thank you billsey, a comprehensive and definitive answer ... at last !!!

So, do you have any idea where I can source such a rare beast ?!?!?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    A little Google Fu on that part number should find a bunch of them...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.