ET430K 4k monitor. The monitor goes black from time to time, speakers make click sounds?

Options
Fenzil
Fenzil Member Posts: 1 New User
The screen will go black for a few seconds then come back on. 
From the very beginning the speakers would alternately make a tick sound almost like a drip.

I've read posts from 2018 seems to be a common issue so  I did fill in acer support form 0 replies it's been 3 weeks now :angry::-1:
Starting to regret getting it :/

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Fenzil
    Unplug all the wires from the back of he monitor including the power able and press and hold the power button on the monitor for 30 second. Connect all the wires back and heck
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • NerioLab
    NerioLab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had similar problem . You have got power supply problem . Learn about Mains Filler Capacitor or Filter Capacitor . I added it into a PC extension lead . No Black screens any more. Enjoy.
  • Nikoz22
    Nikoz22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Well *****, I had this issue appear randomly over years, even had my Acer ET430k serviced once with no change but after reading NerioLabs commment, it all came together.

Indeed it seems PSU is the culprit and I was able to replicate the issue by plugging the monitor to same phase with my fridge/freezer - blanking happens.

Another phase - no issues.

With further testing, plugged in to same phase with fridge/freezer but with good surge protector (APC PM1W-GR in my case) - no issues.

Tested with plugged in to line interactive UPS on phase with fridge/freezer - no issues.

This isn't entirely scientific, obviously could be other sources of interference than fridge/freezer also but that is fairly typical cause for interference on line in home setting.

I hope this helps others too, such annoying issue and difficult to troubleshoot due to randomness.