Need help over riding intel graphics update driver on Acer Aspire VX5-591G

NickjustNick
NickjustNick Member Posts: 1 New User
I have had my aspire vx5-591g for about 5 years now it's still running strong. I have decided to come back to video editing after taking a year break.

To my surprise both adobe premier and davinci resolve can not run properly with the driver for the intel 630 in my laptop.

I checked the driver and saw that it was tweaked by Acer and the last update was 2016.It doesn't allow me to update to the current driver for this intel 630 graphics card.

I'm thinking about over riding and force updating the driver. Has anyone done this successfully?

I am 90% positive this is the issue that stops my editing programs from working. In the details for the latest driver it says that it helps patch problems with editing programs.

When I do open the programs I can see and use the windows that are open on external displays but I cannot see the main window on the primary display. My guess is that the main display is hardwired to always run the the integrated intel graphics while when I plug in an external it use utilizing the nvidia 1050ti These editing programs are normally updated and do lose support for older drivers.

I do need to be using the latest version of these editing programs in order to read and write files that can be passed on to other editors.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    I just install the latest driver from Intel website, and it always works for me.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!