Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53) battery shows 100% charged but turns off when AC adaptor is unplugged

Options
Jackyson
Jackyson Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have bought my predator helios 300 (PH315-53) one month ago, these days I found that I am not able to turn on my laptop without the AC adaptor, and once I turned it on with the AC adaptor connected, the laptop will be off if I disconnect the adaptor.  The battery shows 100% charged.  I have browsed through the internet for some solution, like updating the bios, uninstalling ACPI, however these can't solve the problem.  Does anyone know how to solve it?  Thank you very much!

Answers

• Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    The full model is PH315-53-79QQ
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options
    Does your laptop still have warranty?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Does your laptop still have warranty?
    Yes, but i would like to see if there will be ways for me to fix this problem without sending to have repair, I surfed from the net and found that a battery reset may help yet I can't find any power reset pinhole nor way to reset it
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    There isn't any hole to reset the battery. The only way you can try is disassemble the laptop, unplug and plug the battery cable. But I wouldn't recommend doing it especially the laptop has the warranty sticker. Try to contact Acer for some solutions before sending for the repair.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Jackyson,

#Try toupdate the battery driver. (Connect internet to your unit)
    1.Press and hold win key and tap letter X
    2. You will get a POP menu.
    3. Go with the option device manager.
    4. In there choose the batteries and adapter.
    5. Right click on it.
    6. Menu will be there to uninstall and update.
    7. choose update option.
    8. Go with option search automatically. 

Post the result plz.
  • Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Jackyson,

#Try toupdate the battery driver. (Connect internet to your unit)
    1.Press and hold win key and tap letter X
    2. You will get a POP menu.
    3. Go with the option device manager.
    4. In there choose the batteries and adapter.
    5. Right click on it.
    6. Menu will be there to uninstall and update.
    7. choose update option.
    8. Go with option search automatically. 

Post the result plz.
    After searching it told that the version is the most updated.  Uninstalling and reboot can't do any help too.  Thanks for replying anyway
  • Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    There isn't any hole to reset the battery. The only way you can try is disassemble the laptop, unplug and plug the battery cable. But I wouldn't recommend doing it especially the laptop has the warranty sticker. Try to contact Acer for some solutions before sending for the repair.
    I think this is a possible solution and you get my concern too, I have faced similar battery problem in my Switch console showing full battery but actually no power and power adaptor can't charge the battery.  Solved by the method you mentioned.  Maybe the best method at this stage is really to contact Acer.  Thank you for replying!

• aniketnegi03
    aniketnegi03 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Jackyson said:
    AnhEZ28 said:
    I think this is a possible solution and you get my concern too, I have faced similar battery problem in my Switch console showing full battery but actually no power and power adaptor can't charge the battery.  Solved by the method you mentioned.  Maybe the best method at this stage is really to contact Acer.  Thank you for replying!

have you got your problem fixed. What was the problem. I am having same system with same specs. and also facing same problem?
  • Algezali
    Algezali Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi i have the same problem with my laptop have you found and any thing to solve it ? Please I want to know. 
  • bonameza
    bonameza Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I have te same problem too. could you fixed?
  • Amjadsalam91
    Amjadsalam91 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have same roblem .anybody found solution to this ,?Please help
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    i have same roblem .anybody found solution to this ,?Please help
    Please share the complete model number of your unit.
  • Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry guys, at last I didn't fix it since I don't want to disassemble my laptop nor sending it for repair, I simply kept it plug with an AC adaptor, using it like using a desktop...  Btw I am surprise that quite a few of you also get this problem

For those whose warranty is not expired, I think you may try to send it for repair, I didn't send it since I usually use my laptop at home and it is ok to keep it attached to the power supply.
  • Jackyson

Tinkerer

Options
    I would like to share more about the current status of my laptop, actually the battery decrease slowly as time goes by, and now my battery shows 0%.  But since I have to plug the AC adaptor, the battery is meaningless to my laptop now
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    @Jackyson the battery might be dead so it cannot be used or recharged. It is still safe to use the laptop without the battery but you might have a risk of losing unsaved data if the charger is accidentally pulled or sudden power outage.