Would Scythe Kaze Flex PWM RGB 92mm fan work with Predator 3000 P03-620? Other ways to do rgb??

Options
Laakeri
Laakeri Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi,

I just bought recently Orion 3000 P03-620 unit (i5 10400f, 3070 RTX, 16gb ram, 1tb m.2) and I am quite happy with my purchase. The only annoying thing is the fan noise when heavy gaming.

Thus I started to seek alternative fans for front and rear case. I would still want to have some kind of rgb lighting for the unit, so I looked for RGB fans for 92mm size, but there's really not many ones to select. The most promising one was Scythe Kaze Flex 92mm PWM RGB:

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/10002452/fan-1528/Scythe_Kaze_Flex_92_RGB_92mm_x_25mm_Case_Fan_KF9225FD23R-P.html

I'm kind of newbie with these things, so I would like to ask if someone knows would this work with the motherboard fine? Will the rgb strip on the roof sync with these?

Other option would be of course to buy few Noctuas or be quiet Aero Wings 2's, but those don't have RGB's. Does the RGB light strip still work on the roof if those original RGB case fans are swapped or are they synced somehow and there would be some other solution to have RGB?

All suggestions are welcommed :)

Answers

• Fingarn
    Fingarn Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    @SeoulFinn Respect. Thanks for keeping the updates coming on your work!
  • Laakeri

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks @SeoulFinn for the tips. Perhaps I should just forget the RGB's and just take the Noctuas as black, since the OG colors are not pleasing my eyes. Or then I just take both and try which one I like more 🤔. 

Anyways I have been thinking also to remove the HDD thingy, since it's kind of blocking air intake.

We'll see what I decide to do 😄
  • Laakeri

Tinkerer

Options
    Little update here:

I decided to buy two black Noctua NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap 92mm fans to replace front and rear fans. They are super silent compared to old fans. I had an idea when I was swapping the fans and I decided to put one of the older fans to the upper grill to exhaust air and it is actually more silent, since the Noctuas max is 2000rpm and the old fan maxes to the same rpm (not to 3500 like originally), but you can clearly hear that it's the loudest. I think I will still swap the original fan from top to another Noctua, but slimmer.

During the change process I also decided to take the HDD thingy away from blocking the intake fan air and I put thr SSD 2"5 to the case with 2 sided tape.

Here's few photos:

• A7max96
    A7max96 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Options
    @Laakeri   
  • A7max96

Tinkerer

Options
    Laakeri said:
    Little update here:

I decided to buy two black Noctua NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap 92mm fans to replace front and rear fans. They are super silent compared to old fans. I had an idea when I was swapping the fans and I decided to put one of the older fans to the upper grill to exhaust air and it is actually more silent, since the Noctuas max is 2000rpm and the old fan maxes to the same rpm (not to 3500 like originally), but you can clearly hear that it's the loudest. I think I will still swap the original fan from top to another Noctua, but slimmer.

During the change process I also decided to take the HDD thingy away from blocking the intake fan air and I put thr SSD 2"5 to the case with 2 sided tape.

Here's few photos:

Hi i have the same pc, but i cant take the HDD thingy away! Can you help me please? 
  • Laakeri

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @A7max96

The HDD thingy is intact to the case with 2 philips screws and 4 pop rivets which you need to drill out. 2 of the rivets are visible, but the 2 others are under the rubber cushion. If your careful enough you can get the rubber cushion out without breaking the adhesive surface and you can reinstall it again no problem. I used small flat head screwdriver and carefully pushed the cushion and got it intact.
  • A7max96

Tinkerer

Options
    someone can help me please, I need to put one mor fan to takeout the hot air from the chassis, how can I connect it to the motherboar ? or do I need to buy a extra cable with 2 pices of 4 pins?
  • A7max96

Tinkerer

Options
    @Laakeri , just som help please .
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, you need a cable to split the power and control signals to drive both fans. It should be the four wire female on one side and two four wire males on the other. They are fairly easy to find...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • A7max96

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Yes, you need a cable to split the power and control signals to drive both fans. It should be the four wire female on one side and two four wire males on the other. They are fairly easy to find...
    where do i connect them ?? i cant find any contact in the photo . 
  • Laakeri

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @A7max96

I marked the locations where the fan connections are. If your adding fan to top to increase exhaust air flow, then add the splitter cable to the rear connection.