How to fix my Chrome book

Shanewoods
Shanewoods Member Posts: 2 New User
I accidentally stock my charger into the usb port when I did it suddenly shut off and was unresponsive I looked up things tried on where you removed to battery but it did not work and I saw some kind of gunk towards the bottom right I was thinking maybe I fried it or something?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Which Chromebook do you have? Can you show us a picture of the damage? I am guessing you did fry something, there is power on a USB port and shorting that power is going to cause some damage. How much damage and how repairable is the question.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Shanewoods

It's bad to know that you accidently connected charging cable in to the USB port. As you fear, there are chances for frying the internal component. As a work around, I would like to try this:-

1. First press & hold power button for 30 seconds and ensure that there is no light indications in the unit. 
    2. Then plug in the charger. Verify whether you see any light indication. 
    3. Press & hold the Esc [which is in top left corner of keyboard] and Refresh [4th button from Esc, round arrow] button.
    4. Holding them both, press power button once and check what happens. 

After doing the above steps, if the computer powers on and you get display to show up...please reply here. Will proceed to fix your Chromebook. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Shanewoods
    Shanewoods Member Posts: 2 New User
    I fixed it 
  • oeliry
    oeliry Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is the caps lock on?
    There is no caps-lock button on a Chromebook, but you can still enable this unwise feature by pressing alt + search (magnifying glass key). Its’ easy to forget how to turn it back off! Just press alt + search to toggle caps lock off.

This discussion has been closed.