Warranty department is a mess- charged $1,200 to my card, sent me back broken laptop. Aspire 3

LandonOP
LandonOP Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey All, 
I purchased an Aspire 3 from Walmart in early November and it lasted all of two weeks before it started having issues. It just shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I sent it to Acer warranty repair to have it fixed, but it came back with the same issue. I sent it in again, it came back with the same issue. And again, it came back with the same issue. Finally, an agent found a refurb replacement for me. In order to receive the refurb unit quickly (before sending my broken one back), I had to place a $1200 deposit- which was supposed to be a hold on my credit card and be released when the old unit was received back by Acer. I sent my old unit back and the hold turned into a charge. Then, I get an email that says my old unit has been repaired and is being sent back to me. I call tech support and it turns out that the agent put the wrong address and it went back for repair for a fourth time instead of to wherever it needed to go for the hold to be dropped. This agent assured me the charge would be dropped the following day and that I would not receive the old laptop back. Well, I just got a FedEx tracking number for the old laptop delivery and it's supposed to be here on Thursday; meanwhile, my card is still charged. Does anyone have any clue what I should do in this case? Is there a direct line to level 2 technicians so I don't have to be shuffled around to people who don't understand the issue?

I've spent more time on the phone with Acer support than I have actually using my laptop. Ultimately, I just want my deposit back.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    If you haven't done so already, immediately call your credit card's customer service line to help resolve the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    LandonOP said:
    Hey All, 
    I purchased an Aspire 3 from Walmart in early November and it lasted all of two weeks before it started having issues. It just shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I sent it to Acer warranty repair to have it fixed, but it came back with the same issue. I sent it in again, it came back with the same issue. And again, it came back with the same issue. Finally, an agent found a refurb replacement for me. In order to receive the refurb unit quickly (before sending my broken one back), I had to place a $1200 deposit- which was supposed to be a hold on my credit card and be released when the old unit was received back by Acer. I sent my old unit back and the hold turned into a charge. Then, I get an email that says my old unit has been repaired and is being sent back to me. I call tech support and it turns out that the agent put the wrong address and it went back for repair for a fourth time instead of to wherever it needed to go for the hold to be dropped. This agent assured me the charge would be dropped the following day and that I would not receive the old laptop back. Well, I just got a FedEx tracking number for the old laptop delivery and it's supposed to be here on Thursday; meanwhile, my card is still charged. Does anyone have any clue what I should do in this case? Is there a direct line to level 2 technicians so I don't have to be shuffled around to people who don't understand the issue?

I've spent more time on the phone with Acer support than I have actually using my laptop. Ultimately, I just want my deposit back.

Hi LandonOP, i am very sorry to hear what you're experiencing with our warranty process and the repair department, can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit or the Case ID # provided by our support team for better assistance? Please keep in mind that this is the Acer Community and it's not designed for customer service or technical support help or escalations primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

Note: this thread will be now closed.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.