No sound from my Helios 300 - PH315-52

Options
Bravosar
Bravosar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi everyone, just the other day the system sound stopped working in my laptop.

I have tried:
Updating drivers
uninstalling/reinstalling
rebooting the system and what not

Initially my problem was that only built in mic i.e. only my laptop mic was being used. So, i did the usual experimentations with the audio drivers and somehow i managed to make the realtek drivers detect my audio jack and my headset mic. Now after somehow fixing the mic issue my sound went off. In the sound control panel i just cannot find anything to fix this. So apparently if i update the driver i losse my mic but my sound is intact but if i roll bck i get my mic back but lose the sound. 

The audio driver currently being used is 6.0.8904.1 (this driver got my mic back)

Laptop model PH315-52

Any suggestion or help will be highly appreciated.

​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• Yukimura
    Yukimura Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same model and I used to have a similar issue. I tried the impossible software-wise, I then sent it to get it repaired and it turned out it was a hardware related issue, a bad connection between the audio ports and the motherboard. I am afraid you'll have to send it to Acer (hopefully it's still covered by the warranty)
  • Bravosar
    Bravosar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yukimura said:
    I have the exact same model and I used to have a similar issue. I tried the impossible software-wise, I then sent it to get it repaired and it turned out it was a hardware related issue, a bad connection between the audio ports and the motherboard. I am afraid you'll have to send it to Acer (hopefully it's still covered by the warranty)
    somehow i managed to fix it and its working fine now after 5-6 hours of confused work lol. Apparently i updated my drivers without minimizing the volume mixer window and it fixed it. Strange i know but it works and that's all matters but if i get the issue again then surely i will look into your advice.

Thanks alot for attending to my question. I highly appreciate that.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Bravosar,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result.