R11 CB5-132T Cannot print to wifi printer

zmetman62
zmetman62 Member Posts: 4 New User
No matter what I try I cannot print to my Brother MFC L8850 CDW wifi printer.  The Chromebook says it is printing to the printer but nothing prints.  I have another Chromebook in the house, multiple pc's and iPhones and all the other devices can print to the printe.  I have updated the operating system, checked that it is not a network problem and am connected to same network as the printer.  Any ideas???

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @zmetman62

Please find the below link to connect the printer with the chrome book.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • zmetman62
    Thank you for your response.  I had already gone through these steps and still no luck.  I know my printer is compatible and the firmware is up to date.  I can chose the printer, it sends the doc to the printer but it fails and won't print.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    zmetman62 said:
    Thank you for your response.  I had already gone through these steps and still no luck.  I know my printer is compatible and the firmware is up to date.  I can chose the printer, it sends the doc to the printer but it fails and won't print.
    Try by closing all que on the printer for print. also try to download the brother app from the play store.  How to View and Manage Print Jobs on Chromebook - Chrome Story
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • zmetman62
    Still did not fix my problem.  :'(
  • christy1
    edited March 2021
    zmetman62 said:
    Still did not fix my problem.  :'(
    what about the app from the playstore. try to remove the printer from the list and then add the printer again. hope its the same wifi connection and not with 2g and 5g connection difference. 

• zmetman62
    I deleted, added, tried the WiFi printer driver extension and none of that worked.  I tried the brother iPrint&Scan app Also. Items will print through that app but it does not act as a print driver. It’s a separate program
  • christy1
    zmetman62 said:
    I deleted, added, tried the WiFi printer driver extension and none of that worked.  I tried the brother iPrint&Scan app Also. Items will print through that app but it does not act as a print driver. It’s a separate program

good to know it prints through the app. yes google stopped its cloud printing services. 

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9633006?hl=en