Oculus Quest 2 with PH315-51 USB Type-C

Options
Diehard308
Diehard308 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
I’m getting an Oculus Quest 2 this week and I want to get the Link Cable. It needs a USB Type-C connection to transfer optical data. My laptop has a USB C, but I’m not sure if it’s the right generation to transfer optical data. Does anyone know or have any insight to what else I could use? 

Thanks!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    My understanding is the quest uses something akin to displaylink called occulus link which can use any normal USB3 or USBC Gen1 or above port, so pretty much any will work :)

The normal headsets need Displyport singals to work but the quest doesnt
  • Diehard308
    Diehard308 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the reply! VR is all new territory for me. I'll try out the USB type C. My main priority is eliminating as much latency as possible, as I have motion sickness and I'm concerned extra latency will exacerbate those symptoms. I know that there's also 3.0 USB-A options out there if this doesn't send out a video signal and only charges the device. Hopefully it will work! I've seen mixed stories on Oculus' website
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Let us know how well it works as im itching to get a quest as well :D! Ive been buying up the VR humble bundles and need a headset to use them