windows update then my display driver freezes - Predator 15 g9593

Options
underking13
underking13 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops

Where I had a windows update then my display driver freezes
all programs are running, only the display stopped.

SPECS: GTX 1070 i5 16gram 
Predator 15 g9593 laptop

Ive tried:

• clean installation of windows (1709, 1903, 2004),
  • cleaned drivers (DDU) & also tried installing in safe mode
  • set things to maximum performance
  • cleaned my fans/ repasted thermal paste
  • disk install via device manager
  • all drivers were updated (except for display driver, since i will get an error)
  • set power management to high performance, PCI express turned off, fast startup turned off

Last working driver is nvidia 388.71.. beyond that i got driver error

My only solution was to use older version of windows (1709, installed in legacy mode) where i don't get my monitor freezing whenever I update the wrong driver.

The computer wont recognize it upon initial install, where i need to uninstall it via device manager then reboot

​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the error code that appears in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • underking13

Tinkerer

Options
    hey this device error code 43 

I tried to delete DDU but I could not help it
  • underking13

Tinkerer

Options

Only the old driver does not land this code
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, is the image displayed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • underking13

Tinkerer

Options
    I did not try

• underking13

Tinkerer

Options

I do not think so. Error 43 shows when I install the driver in the device manager

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• underking13

Tinkerer

Options
    It seems the display is paused there too
  • underking13

Tinkerer

Options
    I noticed when I install the old driver  g-Sync sometimes appears in the control panel 

Sometimes I have this feature in the control panel sometimes can not be blamed for this?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• underking13

Tinkerer

Options
    code error 43 this is problem appear device manager 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer