Enable GPU disabled in boot? - E5-574G

User005
User005 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hi, I was taking support from a NVIDIA customer service and the agent said me that my GPU is disabled in Boot and contact acer to enable it. So how can i enable it?

​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    What's wrong with your laptop?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    If your model number does not contain the letter "G" in the 5th or 6th position, for example E5-576G, it likely does not have an nvidia gpu adapter. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If your model number does not contain the letter "G" in the 5th or 6th position, for example E5-576G, it likely does not have an nvidia gpu adapter. Jack E/NJ
    My model is E5-574G which has a G at the end. So that means it has a GPU right?
  • JackE
    Yes, it should have either a 920m or 940m nvidia chip.

(1) Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on DisplayAdapter folder. What do you see? A screenshot would be helpful.

(2) Press Win+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. What BIOS version number do you see in the right pane? A screenshot would be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes, it should have either a 920m or 940m nvidia chip.

(1) Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on DisplayAdapter folder. What do you see? A screenshot would be helpful.

(2) Press Win+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. What BIOS version number do you see in the right pane? A screenshot would be helpful.

Jack E/NJ
    1)Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    (in device manager my NVIDIA card is not displayed)

2)BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.08, 11/6/2015

• JackE
    (1) Do you know if the  nvidia chip ever worked?

(2) If yes, about how long ago?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

1) I think it worked because I was able to use Nvidia Geforce application
    2)I think few months ago
  • JackE
    What application? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What application? Jack E/NJ
    Nvidia geforce experience - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/
  • JackE
    Use the search function in the Windows start menu. Enter 'nvidia'. What options appear near the top of the menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Use the search function in the Windows start menu. Enter 'nvidia'. What options appear near the top of the menu? Jack E/NJ
    I won't get anything because I deleted every trace of Nvidia for a clean installation of drivers
  • JackE
    Wait. What do you mean by 'clean installation of drivers'? Where did you get these drivers? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• User005

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Wait. What do you mean by 'clean installation of drivers'? Where did you get these drivers? Jack E/NJ
    From official Nvidia page. I deleted every trace of nvidia to install driver for my card but it failed giving no compatible hardware found.