The color saturation on my laptop monitor increases and the overall display quality decre Nitro 5

Asir
Asir Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2021 in Nitro Gaming
The color saturation on my laptop monitor increases and the overall display quality decreases whenever I unplug my Acer Nitro 5 from charging. How do I prevent the display from worsening every time after I unplug my laptop? I have already tried maxing battery performance, but the problem still persists.

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Asir said:
    The color saturation on my laptop monitor increases and the overall display quality decreases whenever I unplug my Acer Nitro 5 from charging. How do I prevent the display from worsening every time after I unplug my laptop? I have already tried maxing battery performance, but the problem still persists.
    Try to reinstall the display drivers and battery drivers. Uninstall them from device manager and restart the unit. dont delete the drivers. It looks like there is a issue either with hinges or at the charger connecting area. try to go to bios page with f2 at the start of the laptop and check if its happening the same there also. 
    6 BIOS Setup Utility  EPIA-P910 User Manual 106 documentation
    Easy Ways to Update NVIDIA Display Driver in Windows 10  Password Recovery
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    Asir said:
    Try to reinstall the display drivers and battery drivers. Uninstall them from device manager and restart the unit. dont delete the drivers. It looks like there is a issue either with hinges or at the charger connecting area. try to go to bios page with f2 at the start of the laptop and check if its happening the same there also. 
    6 BIOS Setup Utility  EPIA-P910 User Manual 106 documentation
    Easy Ways to Update NVIDIA Display Driver in Windows 10  Password Recovery
  • Asir
    edited March 2021
    So I must first uninstall my drivers then restart my laptop, and the drivers should reinstall on their own or must I go to device manager and install them manually? And if the problem still persists, that is when I should go to bios using F2, right?
  • christy1
    Asir said:
    So I must first uninstall my drivers then restart my laptop, and the drivers should reinstall on their own or must I go to device manager and install them manually? And if the problem still persists, that is when I should go to bios using F2, right?
    when you restart the computer it will be reinstalled automatically. yes after reinstalling the drivers check in bios if you still have the issue. 
  • Asir
    To update, I recently reinstalled my integrated graphics gpu (amd radeon) and the problem still persists. However, while the amd radeon driver was uninstalled, I believe my laptop ran on the nvidia gtx1650ti graphics and the overall display (especially the color saturation) improved, though other features such as cursor size (which grew) changed, not to my liking. Is it possible that my laptop has been preset to draw power from the dedicated gpu while its being charged while not doing so when unplugged? If so, how do I change this preset?
  • Asir
    And I could not open bios using F2 or any of the F keys.
  • christy1
    Asir said:
    And I could not open bios using F2 or any of the F keys.
    Try fn f2. try the drivers in acer site. with the snid.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• Asir
    Asir said:
    To update, I recently reinstalled my integrated graphics gpu (amd radeon) and the problem still persists. However, while the amd radeon driver was uninstalled, I believe my laptop ran on the nvidia gtx1650ti graphics and the overall display (especially the color saturation) improved, though other features such as cursor size (which grew) changed, not to my liking. Is it possible that my laptop has been preset to draw power from the dedicated gpu while its being charged while not doing so when unplugged? If so, how do I change this preset?
    I will follow your most recent advice when I am free. Does this add any more specificity to the problem?
This discussion has been closed.