Connecting to Docking Station Aspire 5 A515-55-39ND

DanTx
DanTx Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Would like to keep my new Aspire 5 portable by connecting to a docking station.  My laptop is A515-55-39ND.  Docking station is a OKX USB C Laptop Hub which call for laptop to have USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C connector. Docking station has dual monitors, keyboard, mouse connected.  Will my new Aspire 5 with connect through its type c USB port and run the monitors?  

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    DanTx said:
    Just a note on my A515-55-39ND laptop.  When doing comparison on Acer website last week, the data shows USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C as part of configuration.  However, users manual for model dated 5/20/2020 shows USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C.  Which do I have?  
    Check the below details of your laptop. hope you have all info on that. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• DanTx
    Just a note on my A515-55-39ND laptop.  When doing comparison on Acer website last week, the data shows USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C as part of configuration.  However, users manual for model dated 5/20/2020 shows USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C.  Which do I have?  
  • DanTx
    Anyone else able to connect Aspire to docking station through USB Type-C port?  Or have similar issues?
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    DanTx said:
    Check the below details of your laptop. hope you have all info on that. 

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    Which specific dock? If it's a display port alt mode dock the screens won't work in afraid:( ( a quick looks like many are this) 

if it's a display link dock the screens would
  • DanTx
    Thanks for the information.  I see the port data on the online user manual. However, on the Acer web site and using comparison tool, the Type C port is listed differently as a Gen 2.  Don't think it matters since it was not designed to support video output through the Type C USB port.  
  • christy1
    DanTx said:
    Thanks for the information.  I see the port data on the online user manual. However, on the Acer web site and using comparison tool, the Type C port is listed differently as a Gen 2.  Don't think it matters since it was not designed to support video output through the Type C USB port.  
    yes exactly.
This discussion has been closed.