Acer predator triton 500 Laptop speakers issue(No Sound)-Only clicking noise while audio is playing

Options
XJay000
XJay000 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

the laptop was working great the all time just suddenly speakers stopped working and only doing weird clicking noise while audio in the background is playing, ihave hard reset the pc and try other solution updated drivers etc. Ihave connected other USB ports audio jack you name it nothing is working, the only things were connected to the laptop was 2 usb external hub hdmi display port and external hdd ihave no idea what is the issue its suddenly stopped working its brand new laptop if there’s any solution without send it to lab will happy if you can help me 
attached video: 

https://youtu.be/8KZAKv4h1vk

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    XJay000

Try to reinstall the drives instead of updating it. hit uninstall and restart the computer. dont delete the drivers. 

What is the process to update Realtek audio drivers - Quora
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • XJay000

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    christy1 said:
    XJay000

Try to reinstall the drives instead of updating it. hit uninstall and restart the computer. dont delete the drivers. 

Hi there thank you for the fast response ihave try to reinstall driver still the same even Ihave done hard reset the pc no changes, there’s no sound only clicking noise as the video I publish up top. 
    When audio play in the background there’s only that cracking clicking noise without the music or other things even when I restart the laptop the activation start of the predator with that sound doesn’t do it still clicking noise 
    ieven downloaded from your site specific Realtek audio driver didn’t change anything
  • christy1
    Options
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000

Hi there thank you for the fast response ihave try to reinstall driver still the same even Ihave done hard reset the pc no changes, there’s no sound only clicking noise as the video I publish up top. 
    When audio play in the background there’s only that cracking clicking noise without the music or other things even when I restart the laptop the activation start of the predator with that sound doesn’t do it still clicking noise 
    ieven downloaded from your site specific Realtek audio driver didn’t change anything
    May be the fan on the unit or the speakers itself has hardware issue. try cleaning it or check with local tech. is it under the warranty?

6 Solutions to Your Laptop Fan Problem

• XJay000

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000

May be the fan on the unit or the speakers itself has hardware issue. try cleaning it or check with local tech. is it under the warranty?

It is under warranty but the issue the warranty is outseas so ineed to send it to acer USA to fix it, that’s why I’m hoping you guys can help me, you think that’s the issue? Did you hear the sound from the laptop when song is been played, idont get any sound only clicking when it’s volume up. What is the cause for this failure what do you think should I open the laptop very gently? You think it’s something with the connections or just faulty speaker that died? It was working a day ago.

and what do you mean by hardware issue please?
    Ihave checked rpm fans works fine gpu works perfect
  • christy1
    Options
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000

It is under warranty but the issue the warranty is outseas so ineed to send it to acer USA to fix it, that’s why I’m hoping you guys can help me, you think that’s the issue? Did you hear the sound from the laptop when song is been played, idont get any sound only clicking when it’s volume up. What is the cause for this failure what do you think should I open the laptop very gently? You think it’s something with the connections or just faulty speaker that died? It was working a day ago.

Its an electronic device we cant predict the duration. my old laptop with windows 7 is working fine but a new one which i got last year gives issues. Now since you said its overseas. acer default warranty is globally recognized. but opening the laptop can void warranty in few countries. check with acer for it. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    if they say it wont void warranty then check the speaker cable or the fan for that clicking sound. good luck.
  • XJay000

Tinkerer

Options

Hi there thanks for the reply, I have checked everything, besides opening the laptop. 
    when I connect external speakers headsets what ever you want it works great. Only the laptop speakers doing the clicking noise while audio playing in the background there’s no sound only click noise. You think it’s aboard failure or speakers failure. I literally checked everything from software to bios to windows to updates install reinstall what ever you want..

It’s brand new laptop. Totally disappointed.

What do you think?

christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:
    christy1 said:
    XJay000

Its an electronic device we cant predict the duration. my old laptop with windows 7 is working fine but a new one which i got last year gives issues. Now since you said its overseas. acer default warranty is globally recognized. but opening the laptop can void warranty in few countries. check with acer for it. 
    if they say it wont void warranty then check the speaker cable or the fan for that clicking sound. good luck.

• XJay000

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Options

What do you think?

• christy1
    Options
    XJay000 said:

What do you think?

contact acer support since its new.
  • XJay000

Tinkerer

Options
    I try to contact acer USA they cant help me I can’t send it to USA without valid address and Israel acer doesn’t help even to just put it in repair and pay for the fix. It’s incredible how they like to help customers.

christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:

What do you think?

• XJay000

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    XJay000 said:

What do you think?

Final call from technician speakers failure everything is fine, where can iget this exact speakers from? 
  • christy1
    Options
    XJay000 said:

Try with acer part partners. call acer and ask for its part partners for parts. https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/