Is Acer Aspire 5 worth buying? (A514-54)

Daslok
Daslok Member Posts: 4 New User
I'm planning to buy this laptop.. is it worth the price?

Answers

• butthurt_86
    butthurt_86 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Aspire A514-54 got various model. equip with nvidia mx350 $700-800. None nvidia dedicated around $600. I recommend that equip with mx350 vram 2GB. Ram only 4GB but no worries. Can add more ram. Its easy
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Daslok said:
    I'm planning to buy this laptop.. is it worth the price?

Thats the specs.i7 processor,1TB ram. good one. 

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/acer-aspire-5-a514-54g-price-in-india-98033
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Daslok
    Daslok Member Posts: 4 New User
    Acer aspire 5(A514-54), Intel i5 11th Gen, Integrated Iris Xe graphics, 8gb Ram, 512gb SSD.

I am a student, need a laptop for multitasking purpose and my budget is tight..

Is the above mentioned laptop gonna be a good buy??
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Daslok said:
    Acer aspire 5(A514-54), Intel i5 11th Gen, Integrated Iris Xe graphics, 8gb Ram, 512gb SSD.

I am a student, need a laptop for multitasking purpose and my budget is tight..

Is the above mentioned laptop gonna be a good buy??
    ofcoures its a good one. and have upgrade options. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,807 Trailblazer
    @Daslok
    For 1 year have been using daily a515-54G with only HDD (no SSD) and I love the laptop (very good value for money). Not a gamer so don't use the G (dedicated NVidia graphics) if you use it for study only you should get 54. Prepare for weak sound volume (MP3 music) and try to get OLED (IPS) panel (Panda) instead of TN as the latter is very dim outside. It comes with only 4 GB RAM so you need additional 4 GB (exactly the same DDR4 as is soldered on the mbo) that will double your speed.
  • ctx1769
    ctx1769 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    I got the A515-54G and added an extra ssd sata and updated the ram to 16gb it's a nice laptop