New laptop and too freeze and lag and drop fps a315 - 57g

ZIlly
ZIlly Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello guys
im bought a new laptop (a315 - 57g) i3 1005g1 - ram 4 - mx330
but too freeze and lag and drop fps
for example when i play Csgo, my fps going down from 110-120 to 25-30 And it goes up again
what should i do to fix it?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK. Also make sure any non-Microsoft antivirus programs have been  uninstalled, not just disabled, since they can have an adverse affect on online gaming performance. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming load for maximum play time. Battery actually has to sometimes help charger in high power loads. When battery drops to about 50% charge level, gpu drops FPS to conserve power and charger starts charging the battery again. Battery charging takes precedent over gpu FPS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    JackE said:
    Battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming load for maximum play time. Battery actually has to sometimes help charger in high power loads. When battery drops to about 50% charge level, gpu drops FPS to conserve power and charger starts charging the battery again. Battery charging takes precedent over gpu FPS. Jack E/NJ
    tnx for the reply
    yes, I connected the charger to the laptop before ruuning the game
    but again this problem exitst
  • JackE
    Not just the charger. Battery must ALSO be near 100% charged before starting. Did you check battery is 100% before starting? If it drops to near 50%,  FPS will vary widely every few minutes as the charger tries to switch between charging the battery and powering the GPU. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    Yeah, the laptop is fully charged, and i plugged charger to laptop. without charger i get fps around 60, and still i have drop fps..
  • JackE
    What your ControlPanel power plan set to? Should be balanced or performance mode. Edit the plan. Then click on the advanced settings link. In the box that pops up, check the processor states folder. Set max processor states to 100% plugged in and battery alone. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    I set all the options to the highest level
    And the problem persists
  • JackE
    What resolution are you trying to play at? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    JackE said:
    What resolution are you trying to play at? Jack E/NJ
    1366×768p
  • ZIlly
    Is there anyone who can help?  :'(
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click on DisplayAdapters folder. Check to make sure the latest VGA Intel and nvidia driver version drivers are installed according to this link.  Also download and re-install the turbo boost drive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    I did everything you said
    but It made no difference
  • JackE
    OK. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    here you are
    laptop is charging, but the charge is not complete

• ZIlly
    JackE said:
    OK. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Is there a problem with the battery reports?
  • JackE
    Battery seems OK. What I'd like to see is the actual battery percent charge level at the moment the FPS drops while plugged in. If it's still near 100%, the only thing I can suggest to eliminate a hardware issue is to increase the RAM since 4GB really leaves very little RAM headroom beyond just loading the game into RAM. The Windows operating system uses 2GB RAM just to load itself. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZIlly
    JackE said:
    Battery seems OK. What I'd like to see is the actual battery percent charge level at the moment the FPS drops while plugged in. If it's still near 100%, the only thing I can suggest to eliminate a hardware issue is to increase the RAM since 4GB really leaves very little RAM headroom beyond just loading the game into RAM. The Windows operating system uses 2GB RAM just to load itself. Jack E/NJ
    In a few days I will increase the RAM and tell the result
    Thank you for your help
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. Also make sure any non-Microsoft antivirus programs have been  uninstalled, not just disabled, since they can have an adverse affect on online gaming performance. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.