Helios 300 PH315-51-59e7 2018 Screen Flickering

RoemerTF
RoemerTF Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Okay so I've had this problem recurring for a while now. It first happened when I updated my Nvidia drivers back in October 2020. While updating, my laptop screen started flashing pink and green. I deleted the driver and tried to reinstall it but it wasn't fixed. I found out that the flickering also happens inside BIOS after I restarted my laptop. A friend advised me to use Display Driver Uninstaller, which I did, and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers which fixed the issue. It happened again 2-3 times during these past months but I either have fixed it by repeating what I did with DDU or there were times that it went away on its own after a while. It's now back and I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Restarted to safe mode and used DDU to uninstall current Nvidia driver and reinstalled it after restarting (did not work)
2. Restarted to safe mode and used DDU to uninstall both Nvidia and Intel HD 630 drivers and reinstalled them after restarting (did not work)
3. Did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 (did not work)
4. Opened the back of the laptop and checked if there are issues with the EDP cable ( I did not see any tears or sharp folds on the cable)
5. Opened the screen to get to the panel and disconnected then reconnected the EDP cable from the panel (did not work)

I am running out of options. I want to try reseating the EDP cable on the motherboard side but I currently do not know how. Also, I have an external monitor connected via HDMI and it is working fine with no issues or whatsoever so this can't be an issue on the Nvidia GPU. Since it also happens in the BIOS, I am convinced that it is more hardware related than software related. I would love to have this checked up but the nearest Acer Service Center in our area has been closed ever since the community quarantine started. 

Here's a video to give you an idea of what it looks like:
https://youtu.be/j_27MkDDaiY

Model: Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-59e7
CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H
GPU1: Intel HD 630
GPU2: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Memory: 2 x 4GB 2400 MHz SODIMM DDR4
Display: B156HTN06.1 (AUO61ED)

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    RoemerTF
    since reset dint work. try with below link. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • RoemerTF
    RoemerTF Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I already did a clean install of Windows 10 by using a flash drive and a copy of the latest Windows. I'm thinking that this is hardware related but I'm trying to see which part so that I can get a specific replacement for that part. Any thoughts?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    RoemerTF said:
    I already did a clean install of Windows 10 by using a flash drive and a copy of the latest Windows. I'm thinking that this is hardware related but I'm trying to see which part so that I can get a specific replacement for that part. Any thoughts?
    since its flashing different colors it can be connection cable or the display board itself. check with local tech before replacing the parts as it can be simple cable issue also.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi RoemerTF,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result.