Helios 300 (2020) ph315-53 - Audio Issue / Battery / Ram / Heat

Options
tokoku
tokoku Member Posts: 1 New User
Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I have been using this new model for around two months and I originally owned a Helios 300 2017, what I can say generally speaking is that 2017 version was better for me. The only problem I had was related to heat and I solve it by changing the thermal paste.

With this 2020 version I have had a couple of issues..

Audio Issue -  I have two problems with the audio, both related to headphones/headset usage.
  • High pitch sound, I tried to solve this with every recommendation found, with no final solution. For the moment the only way I was able to fix this until reboot was by disabling and then renabling the  Nvidia High definition audio from the device manager.
  • Whenever I disconnect headphones and then reconnect them again they are not detected. I have to restart the pc completely in order for the headset to be detected again..
In the end I bought a Bluetooth headset as this was unbearable..

Battery Performance - So I don't know if it just me but while in battery with best battery life selected, I only get around 1 hour... While checking battery usage no app is displayed even with medium power usage. So I dont know why battery life is so ***** short.

I also was able two time to get (for some reason) 2 hours of battery life, but I was not able to identify what was different. My guess is some process or something is consuming battery and its not being shown in the task manager

Heat -  My Helios is always over 70 C and fan speed for GPU in auto mode is always greater that 3500 rpm, whenever GPU is over 3500 rpm the fan gets loud with a high pitch sound. With this model throttle stop is not an option, so besides trying to change thermal paste I don't know how else to try to decrease general temperature.

• Note - while predator sense is open, rpm and temperature are higher.
RAM - For everyone wondering, I was able to change default 16 gb ram to 64 gb ram. Even though it is specified 32 gb as the maximum capacity, so if you want 64 gb go ahead.

If anyone is having these same issues and was able to fix them, please share your solutions or experiences while trying to solve them.

Regards!

Answers