Aspire TC-875-UR11 pc tower need adapter to connect with X233H

Options
freakflagflying
freakflagflying Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Monitors

I am new to this community plus I am an old fart. I am not a computer wizard by any means so here is my issue(s) I purchased an acer Aspire TC-875-UR11 & my monitor, an old one (acer LCD model # X233H version X233H  db part # ET.VX3HP.003) does not connect to any ports. Is there an adapter that I can purchase thus allowing me to utilize this pc tower with it? Thanks. Freakflagflying

[Thread was edited to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    Options
    freakflagflying
    I can see the monitor has dvi and hdmi. am i correct? also the desktop has hdmi. did you try to get a hdmi cable.? or dvi to hdmi like this.Amazoncom UGREEN HDMI to DVI Cable Bi Directional DVI-D 241 Male to HDMI  Male High Speed Adapter Cable 1080P Full HD Compatible for Raspberry Pi  Roku Xbox One PS4 PS3 Graphics Card

15 Meter High Speed HDMI Cable  49FT  Computer Cable Store

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @freakflagflying
    When checked with the monitor and the tower which you got, the monitor has only a VGA and the DVI port but the tower has got only HDMI. 
    So in order to connect the monitor to the tower either you need to get a adapter, or you can get a new monitor which has the HDMI port and connect the tower to monitor using the HDMI cable to get the pictures.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, the adapter that's easiest in this case is HDMI to VGA, since the adapter then doesn't need extra smarts. That means it will be cheaper than a HDMI to DVI adapter. Note that if you decide to go the DVI route anyway that the HDMI to DVI isn't the same as a DVI to HDMI...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.