Aspire Z5771 and Freeview

StevesST220
StevesST220 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in All-In-One PCs

New to this site so please bear with me.

I'm using an old Aspire Z5771 all in one touch screen. I cannot workout how to use the built-in Freeview function. Would it have been disabled when the o/s was upgraded to Win10?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The builtin app for Freeview in Windows 7/8 was part of Windows. In Windows 10 that has been removed (MS didn't want to pay the royalties any longer), There are third party apps that take over that function though, so just search for one of them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The builtin app for Freeview in Windows 7/8 was part of Windows. In Windows 10 that has been removed (MS didn't want to pay the royalties any longer), There are third party apps that take over that function though, so just search for one of them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevesST220
    StevesST220 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Thank you for the answer, will just stick with the sky go+ app for now