New to upgrading RAM on - N50 600 tower

Rodders61
Rodders61 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi,
Can anyone help? i've only ever changed RAM in my computer once before and that was about 8-9 years ago on my HP a6220. I've got the compatible RAM for my Acer N50 600(2x16gb crucial 2666mhz sticks ending in part number 8266). I've looked through the manual but it doesn't mention how to install RAM. I've searched and the only thing that helped was a you tube video saying to make sure you put the case back on right as the battery switch will cause a problem. (i don't even know how to open the case).It also said to make sure the sticks go in the right slot.  I've got the obligatory screwdriver though :).
Can anyone give any help on how to install said sticks.

//​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Rodders61
    If you don't have proper tools to open the unit,try to get them as its cheap in market. It's just a screw driver needed to open one side of the panel. Move the edge of the ram to remove it. As simple as that. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Rodders61
    If you don't have proper tools to open the unit,try to get them as its cheap in market. It's just a screw driver needed to open one side of the panel. Move the edge of the ram to remove it. As simple as that. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Rodders61
    Rodders61 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Thank you for the help,
    Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.