my predator orion PO3-620 frezzesfor 1 secend plz help

apaplolol
apaplolol Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
hi i got a predator orion PO3-620 in nowember and i was happy. until it begun frezzing, i have tryed to updated drive, reinstaling windows. plz help

Best Answer

• apaplolol
    Answer ✓
    ok so it is predatorsense for me. please try not having it open only open. if you need to change fan speed
    try download AIDA64 im pretty sure you can monieter temps there

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to start and type cmd and select Run as Admin, type sfc /scannow and press enter, run this command at least 3 times, hope that helps.
  • apaplolol
    ok thx i will try

• apaplolol
    hi there. sadly it dident work
  • Hi,
    OK, try using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth command in CMD, once you finished run sfc /scannow again and see whether it helps, could you please post the driver versions of your graphics.
    How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central
  • apaplolol
    hi im did it and waiting for it to freez if it still happens. but here is the ver 461.40
  • Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download VGA driver version 27.21.14.5751, uninstall current driver(461.40) and install the downloaded driver, Acer drivers are exclusively made for your system, so I would suggest you use drivers from Acer support site.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom
  • apaplolol
    ok i will do it after my pc frezzes if it is not fixed yet
  • apaplolol
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download VGA driver version 27.21.14.5751, uninstall current driver(461.40) and install the downloaded driver, Acer drivers are exclusively made for your system, so I would suggest you use drivers from Acer support site.
    wait what driver? do i need to uninstall

• apaplolol said:
    Hi,
    wait what driver? do i need to uninstall

Yes, download the driver, extract it to your Desktop, go to Device Manager and expand Display adaptors, right click NVIDIA card and select Update driver, select Browse my computer for driver, browse to the Desktop where you have saved the extracted folder.

• unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Do you have something plugged into the USB 3.0 slots in the back of your Orion? If so, try not using those slots and see if the problem persists.
  • apaplolol
    Do you have something plugged into the USB 3.0 slots in the back of your Orion? If so, try not using those slots and see if the problem persists.
    Hi there. Can you tell me what is the 3.0 usb slots is

• apaplolol
    SeoulFinn said:
    When you look at the backside of your PC, you can see connectors where you can plug things like mouse and keyboard. To tell the different ports apart from each other, the ports are usually color coded. USB3 is usually blue in color.

Ok thanks I wil take a look
  • Alsmuili
    Alsmuili Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

hi,
    I have the same problem as him and the same pc, my pc just freezes for 1 second at a different time like playing a game or just browsing the internet. I notice the freezing when I played music in the background, it also froze for 1 sec and what I hear is just LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for a sec then everything goes to normal. I notice too the temp is high but when I google it showed that normal. I got the pc Acer service for fixing under warranty. I explain to them the CPU is spiking up and everything freezes for a sec and what they did is changing the harddisk and I told them that the harddisk has nothing to do with the problem. they told me if it happens again come back to us for going deeper into it and today I got the pc back and I still have the same problem and happened 3 times until now today. those picture  show when it happened, plz help me
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    and 1 min ago the freeze happened again  but there was no spike :astonished: temp on CPU reader, it just happened  by itself for no reason 
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

I found out the GPU also made the pc freeze as  the pic shows :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    We've heard a few reports that the freeze can be caused by Predator Sense itself. I am thinking there may be a race condition that it gets into on rare occasions where it stops everything to gather data from the sensors, which normally takes a ms or less, but it either misses one of the responses or doesn't get a response and ends up timing out after 1000ms. The symptom would be a freeze, including things like mouse movement, and then back to normal. While frozen one other thing that would happen would be the fan wouldn't adjust speed, so you could see that one second spike.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • apaplolol
    Ok guys. Twomore/later is The Day that i Will find out of i fixed it. If i fixed it i Will tell you guys how to fix. I Think it is PredatorSense, Hope to end this soon
  • Tahiti
    Tahiti Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

apaplolol said:
    Ok guys. Twomore/later is The Day that i Will find out of i fixed it. If i fixed it i Will tell you guys how to fix. I Think it is PredatorSense, Hope to end this soon
    TYTY @ ME PLEZ, I BOUGHT 2 AND THEY BOTH GO LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. it's kinda sad you spend 2 grand on a computer and it decides to do this bs. Anyway, if anyone wants my findings to try anything, (btw I have 2 so I compared the results while playing cold war and normal scrolling but who knows maybe 1 computer is worse than the other) But on the better computer that doesn't go LLLLLLLLLLL as much, I've changed the USB ports with my keyboard at 2 and my mouse at 3.0 and also close my predator sense app-only opening it from time to time to check the temps and don't turn fans on gaming mode rather I do custom and around 70 percent and for whatever reason, the LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL thing happens to be less than the other computer I tested with. Try it out and see if it changes anything for you. 

Alsmuili

• unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    I am pretty sure these USB 3.0 ports right here is at least part of the issue. The ones that are blue (see my pic.) I had the exact same problem everyone else is having until I read someone on this forum say it's those ports, so I stopped using them and I haven't had that issue since. It might be that Predator Sense app, too. Stop using both. There are better temp apps out there that are free anyways.

And to be honest, you're probably never gonna get Acer to fix this because it's so difficult to reproduce the problem. You literally have to sit there for a couple of hours using the computer before it happens. As far as I can tell there's no trace of it happening. And if it is related to those USB ports then they're gonna have to know to plug something into those.

I wish Acer would monitor these forums. How many posts about this Orion from new buyers until they realize something is wrong? lol

Does anyone know someone at Acer who could bring this to their attention?

• apaplolol
    I have been testing alot of stuff such as USB 3.0 slots, PredatorSense, and i found out that. PREDATORSENSE is The cause of The porplem. I Will keep testing it but for The moment try to use an other pogram like afterburner

I recemend you DON’T OPEN PREDATORSENSE
This discussion has been closed.