Desktop PC not displaying and turning on right after getting shut down. aspire TC-885-EB17

Meaorvvv
Meaorvvv Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
This is an update to a post I made a couple of hours ago. In that post I said that my PC (Acer aspire TC-885-EB17) wasn’t displaying anything on screen after a windows update... I tried a bunch of methods to fix this but nothing worked at all, and now something really weird is happening, my pc turns on by itself right after I shut it down unless I unplug the power supply cable from it and last, it still doesn’t display anything, it is honestly giving me a headache since I really don’t know what to do anymore. Are there any ways to fix this? Should I just bring my computer to a computer fix centre? 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Meaorvvv said:
    This is an update to a post I made a couple of hours ago. In that post I said that my PC (Acer aspire TC-885-EB17) wasn’t displaying anything on screen after a windows update... I tried a bunch of methods to fix this but nothing worked at all, and now something really weird is happening, my pc turns on by itself right after I shut it down unless I unplug the power supply cable from it and last, it still doesn’t display anything, it is honestly giving me a headache since I really don’t know what to do anymore. Are there any ways to fix this? Should I just bring my computer to a computer fix centre? 
    Have you tried re-seating the RAM module..?  If not i suggest you try that.. its the simplest way to fix the issue.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yeah, you're getting really close to just having a technician look at it for you. The last symptom could potentially be a stuck power button, so wiggling that might help out. RAM is pretty easy to check as Rudy21 suggests, but the normal memory failure during POST causes a looong beep usually.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.